Alpine PXA-H800 Processor Discussion Thread - Page 26 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2011   #626
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 180 evo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enough

Default re: Alpine PXA-H800 Processor Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by droth View Post
Hopefully pic attached, box corners got bit damaged

Pretty beat up box you have there. Was it not double boxed before shipping??

Rocking the ELS system in my Tech Package Acura
evo9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2011   #627
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 droth will become famous soon enoughdroth will become famous soon enoughdroth will become famous soon enoughdroth will become famous soon enoughdroth will become famous soon enoughdroth will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo9 View Post
Pretty beat up box you have there. Was it not double boxed before shipping??

No just wrapped, on the plus side contents of box have plenty of packaging so were unharmed.
Pretty much only option here to get from asia, as doubt it will ever come to New Zealand (and if it does will be priced extremely high)
droth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2011   #628
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 131 Unrealistic will become famous soon enoughUnrealistic will become famous soon enoughUnrealistic will become famous soon enoughUnrealistic will become famous soon enoughUnrealistic will become famous soon enoughUnrealistic will become famous soon enough

Thumbs up re: Alpine PXA-H800 Processor Discussion Thread

Woo! Mine was delivered yesterday.
I replaced my heavily modified 701 and boy, what a difference.
Although I have never heard a F1 in my car so cannot compare, the upgrade from my 701 to this is HUGE!
Unrealistic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011   #629
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 105 deepsky will become famous soon enoughdeepsky will become famous soon enoughdeepsky will become famous soon enoughdeepsky will become famous soon enoughdeepsky will become famous soon enoughdeepsky will become famous soon enough

Did you order from Tokospeaker as well? Is there a way to switch from 5.1 analog input to just the fl and fr inputs for surround processing of stereo? Thanks.
deepsky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2011   #630
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 308 subwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrealistic View Post
Although I have never heard a F1 in my car so cannot compare, the upgrade from my 701 to this is HUGE!
Really unrealistic

What kind of differences really? Did you re-enter your parameters/same settings and listen?

Kelvin

Lycan
Quote:
I'll repeat it for the miliionth time : All amps do NOT sound the same ... It's astonishing to me that nobody understands this
Who knows, some might understand now
and here's another one and another <-- click on the links
subwoofery is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2011   #631
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 105 deepsky will become famous soon enoughdeepsky will become famous soon enoughdeepsky will become famous soon enoughdeepsky will become famous soon enoughdeepsky will become famous soon enoughdeepsky will become famous soon enough

Any reviews of the Euphony processing? Better than Dolby Pro Logic 2?
Old 05-11-2011   #632
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 RAzZin will become famous soon enoughRAzZin will become famous soon enoughRAzZin will become famous soon enoughRAzZin will become famous soon enoughRAzZin will become famous soon enoughRAzZin will become famous soon enough

Quote:
could you tell what HU you are using and what is the connection type (analog\optical)?
RAzZin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2011   #633
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 105 RHI-SEE will become famous soon enoughRHI-SEE will become famous soon enoughRHI-SEE will become famous soon enoughRHI-SEE will become famous soon enoughRHI-SEE will become famous soon enoughRHI-SEE will become famous soon enough

is that tokospeaker out of indonesia is it? that box that somebody received previously, that is in TERRIBLE condition. for the H800 + RUX C800 is $1092 Australian Dollars.
Still no reply from Jim tho? just busy? Here is Australia we atleast have MINIMAL info on our alpine website (Alpine Electronics of Australia) which i guess is better than the US site.
I still cannot understand that it has Bugs in one country and not in others. or is indonesia/europe selling processors that have issues and just dont care?
RHI-SEE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2011   #634
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 131 Unrealistic will become famous soon enoughUnrealistic will become famous soon enoughUnrealistic will become famous soon enoughUnrealistic will become famous soon enoughUnrealistic will become famous soon enoughUnrealistic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsky View Post
Did you order from Tokospeaker as well
No, I ordered via the normal channels. (I'm in Europe)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsky View Post
Is there a way to switch from 5.1 analog input to just the fl and fr inputs for surround processing of stereo? Thanks.
I don't know. I use the processor via the digital in.
Apart from the PC connection it seams to function like the 701 processor.
It can be used on the analog in, but I have no experience with that.
Does the manual say anything about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by subwoofery View Post
Really unrealistic
What kind of differences really? Did you re-enter your parameters/same settings and listen?
Kelvin
It is more open sounding and more detailed, especially in the lows.
Mind you: this is compared to a serious modified 701, with a really clean analogue part!
No clicks, buzz etc when changing volume and most setting.
Only when you adjust alot of TA in one time, or phase, you can hear a click.
Old 05-11-2011   #635
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 186 rexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinpunk View Post
You can always contact him yourself to set up a group buy.
He asked if I'd be able to do that (outside of our agreed upon price) but I don't have the time to organize that due to all the klippel and other testing I've already got on my plate... Much less the fact that I'm in NM all this week.

Like I said, it wasn't so much the price, but the fact that he agreed to a price and then came back OT only asking for more... But over $150 more than he agreed to.
Regardless if I would have been willing to pay that initially, I don't do business with people who recant on such a large scale. Much less can't even simply reply with a "no". Aggravating.

Anyway, someone asked and that was my experience. I'm sure others won't have an issue but that put me off.
Go ahead and organize that GB. Think he said it would be about $1035 + shipping, IIRC. Maybe you can get enough folks to knock it down. Good luck!

Erin

Yeah.... Clearly my sarcasm was not clear enough.... More smileys next time
I said I was kidding.....Kinda.... only because after writing it I thought "hey, maybe that would have helped everyone out?" I also started thinking....maybe you just wanted to be the first reviewer?
BUT mostly I was just kidding! I would have done the EXACT same thing as you! Its not about the $ as much as it is the principle! What he did was 100% shady, PERIOD! The price also seems pretty expensive? I have been quoted way less via my local shop when they come in. I would much rather give them the business and wait, personally.

So again...wasnt throwing daggers. Just a piss poor attempt at some humor
rexroadj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2011   #636

Bikinpunk

Thanked 1,141 Times in 544 Posts
Rep Power: 26019 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexroadj View Post
Yeah.... Clearly my sarcasm was not clear enough.... More smileys next time
I said I was kidding.....Kinda.... only because after writing it I thought "hey, maybe that would have helped everyone out?" I also started thinking....maybe you just wanted to be the first reviewer?
BUT mostly I was just kidding! I would have done the EXACT same thing as you! Its not about the $ as much as it is the principle! What he did was 100% shady, PERIOD! The price also seems pretty expensive? I have been quoted way less via my local shop when they come in. I would much rather give them the business and wait, personally.

So again...wasnt throwing daggers. Just a piss poor attempt at some humor
I saw the "j/k" but the "kinda" threw me.

I just sent another email. Maybe me and the seller can work something out but I'm not holding my breath. They could certainly benefit from it if they're the only ones selling it to us...

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html

Last edited by ErinH; 05-11-2011 at 10:49 PM..
ErinH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011   #637
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 105 RHI-SEE will become famous soon enoughRHI-SEE will become famous soon enoughRHI-SEE will become famous soon enoughRHI-SEE will become famous soon enoughRHI-SEE will become famous soon enoughRHI-SEE will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by droth View Post
Just recieved my PXA H800 today from tokospeaker . Thus far been very good to deal with, freight charge reasonable.
Does Everything work correctly? all the Pc tuning work fine. Software of the unit and also the PC software work well?
Contemplating it but am keen to hear more of your thoughts first.

Also, re-asking my previous post if anybody knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHI-SEE View Post
is that tokospeaker out of indonesia is it? that box that somebody received previously, that is in TERRIBLE condition. for the H800 + RUX C800 is $1092 Australian Dollars.
Still no reply from Jim tho? just busy? Here is Australia we atleast have MINIMAL info on our alpine website (Alpine Electronics of Australia) which i guess is better than the US site.
I still cannot understand that it has Bugs in one country and not in others. or is indonesia/europe selling processors that have issues and just dont care?

Tokospeaker
H800 - AUD$764.23
C800 - AUD$328.09

Incar Magazine released here in Aus ( I beleive these prices came from Alpine Aus)
Dont have seperate price, but H800 + RUX-C800 = AUD$1299

Last edited by RHI-SEE; 05-12-2011 at 01:16 AM..
Old 05-12-2011   #638
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAzZin View Post
could you tell what HU you are using and what is the connection type (analog\optical)?
I am using an IVA-W505R, but hoping to replace this with the INA-W910R soon...
Old 05-12-2011   #639
Upgrade Your Membership!

Reviews of the Euphony yet? How long did the Tokospeaker take to ship to US?
Old 05-12-2011   #640
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 135 2way+sub will become famous soon enough2way+sub will become famous soon enough2way+sub will become famous soon enough2way+sub will become famous soon enough2way+sub will become famous soon enough2way+sub will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I am using an IVA-W505R, but hoping to replace this with the INA-W910R soon...
me too...but at the end is the same HU finally with NAV & BT built-in
hope to a better DAC because all my cd are ripped into a 160GB Ipod (ALAC of course) and as i read no digital out for Ipod
2way+sub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011   #641
DIYMA 500 Club

I will receive the 910 tomorrow and I will test the digital iPod connection.
Prepare to be disappointed! :-(
Old 05-12-2011   #642
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Alpine Electronics
Position:
Sound System Engineering

Rep Power: 121 jim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I will receive the 910 tomorrow and I will test the digital iPod connection.
Prepare to be disappointed! :-(
I have confirmed it does not work with iPod.

My previous 910 didn't but I understood it to be an issue with that sample level, but the reality is that the spec never included it, contrary to what we were to understand here. In the end, we are a tad disappointed, but the 910 truly does sound MUCH better than the 900 it replaces. All the guys that have swapped them have made the same comments. That together with the improved analog inputs of the H800 will still make for a damn fine system.

if you do this. it'll help you. some sunny day ...
jim walter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011   #643
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 135 laalves will become famous soon enoughlaalves will become famous soon enoughlaalves will become famous soon enoughlaalves will become famous soon enoughlaalves will become famous soon enoughlaalves will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Skype™ to laalves

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim walter View Post
I have confirmed it does not work with iPod.

My previous 910 didn't but I understood it to be an issue with that sample level, but the reality is that the spec never included it, contrary to what we were to understand here. In the end, we are a tad disappointed, but the 910 truly does sound MUCH better than the 900 it replaces. All the guys that have swapped them have made the same comments. That together with the improved analog inputs of the H800 will still make for a damn fine system.
Thanks for clearing this one up, Jim, although indeed is disappointing.

Another bit of info, pls: you said somewhere above that the audio section in the INA-W910 is the same as in the IVA-D800. Do we find the same audio section in the IVA-D511R/RB as well?

Looking at the specs in the manuals, the D800 has exactly the same as the D511, although Alpine says that finer components were used in the D800, when compared to the D511 as well as the copper plated housing.

Is there a list of the tweaks that were actually made to the D800? Here in Europe RRP is 850€ for the D511 and 1000€ for the D800 so it would be useful to know these things since a A/B comparison is quite difficult to do in car audio, unless differences are huge.

Alpine: iXA-W407BT; PXA-H100; NVE-M300P; 2 x PDX-4.150. Focal: 2 x K2 Power 100KP; 4 x Utopia Be 13WS
laalves is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011   #644

Bikinpunk

Rep Power: 26019 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

It seems this may have been covered but I'm not sure...

Can anyone confirm that this will work with older alpine media units like that 505 or 200/205? I know the h800 can't be controlled by these units, but I'd like to know if the basic controls such as presets and subwoofer can be controlled via these units.
Furthermore, I assume the digi out of the older units still works with the 800 and you can control digital volume with those decks as long as you are also using ainet.

I'm pretty sure the above answers are "yes" but just wanting to verify. I ordered the h800 and have a w200 in my wife's car I can use if so.

Erin

Time Delay Calculator:
Old 05-12-2011   #645
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 172 highly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via MSN to highly Send a message via Yahoo to highly

Unless something has changed in the development process (possible), this is the case from what I have read. Interested to see the more official answer!

Saddened by the loss of digital through on the 910. That just ate the only justifiable reason for me to upgrade my W505/M300 (besides the stupid 1.5" long non-right-angle RGB cable to the M300) unless the CD transport is vastly superior.

highly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011   #646
DIYMA 500 Club

forgive me for sounding silly, are we talking about digital connection from ipod to unit, or the W910 to the H800?

Also, i see Jim has posted. Jim, Reasons for this unit being released in some countries and not others?
Old 05-12-2011   #647

Bikinpunk

iPod and head unit dac bypass and routing signal digitally directly to the processor.

Time Delay Calculator:
Old 05-12-2011   #648
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
iPod and head unit dac bypass and routing signal digitally directly to the processor.
Cheers.

you said you have already ordered a H800. was that via tokospeaker?
Old 05-12-2011   #649

Bikinpunk

Yes.

Time Delay Calculator:
Old 05-13-2011   #650
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 135 2way+sub will become famous soon enough2way+sub will become famous soon enough2way+sub will become famous soon enough2way+sub will become famous soon enough2way+sub will become famous soon enough2way+sub will become famous soon enough

Quote:
It seems this may have been covered but I'm not sure...

Can anyone confirm that this will work with older alpine media units like that 505 or 200/205? I know the h800 can't be controlled by these units, but I'd like to know if the basic controls such as presets and subwoofer can be controlled via these units.
Furthermore, I assume the digi out of the older units still works with the 800 and you can control digital volume with those decks as long as you are also using ainet.

I'm pretty sure the above answers are "yes" but just wanting to verify. I ordered the h800 and have a w200 in my wife's car I can use if so.

Erin
in italian but simple
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PXA-H800_Compatibilit%E0.pdf (62.3 KB, 73 views)
2way+sub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement