Alpine PXA-H800 Processor Discussion Thread - Page 51 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011   #1251
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 147 eviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Alpine PXA-H800 Processor Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitty View Post
Can anyone shed some light on how well the auto-tune (imprint) works compared to an MS-8?
don't think you're gonna wanna spend the 800$ on this piece just to use auto tune. i think the ms-8 has it beat, and the new "ms8" will have it beat on auto as well. the rocker fosgate would probably also do a decent auto tune, they put some time into it from what I hear.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg708/scaled.php?server=708&filename=89483214.jpg&res=me  dium
ZED audio, Hybrid Audio, FI audio, M-Audio, Custom carputer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYMA View Post
PS. Tell your boss to stop sending me pictures of his cock.
eviling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2011   #1252
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 108 Vitty will become famous soon enoughVitty will become famous soon enoughVitty will become famous soon enoughVitty will become famous soon enoughVitty will become famous soon enoughVitty will become famous soon enough

What is the new MS-8?

Zuki___Hertz___Morel
Vitty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2011   #1253

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 252 t3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviling View Post
don't think you're gonna wanna spend the 800$ on this piece just to use auto tune. i think the ms-8 has it beat, and the new "ms8" will have it beat on auto as well. the rocker fosgate would probably also do a decent auto tune, they put some time into it from what I hear.
Why not? Imprint is no joke and it has been updated on the H800. It's not like you're paying $800 for just an auto tune unit like the MS-8.
t3sn4f2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2011   #1254
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 147 eviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
What is the new MS-8?
i dont know, i heard somebody call it the ps8 or something but who knows, rumor mills are saying they have the chasie worked out. and are working on developing it and should have something for CES2012.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg708/scaled.php?server=708&filename=89483214.jpg&res=me  dium
Quote:
Old 12-12-2011   #1255
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Andres Car Audio
Position:
Manager

Rep Power: 107 Stearnzy will become famous soon enoughStearnzy will become famous soon enoughStearnzy will become famous soon enoughStearnzy will become famous soon enoughStearnzy will become famous soon enoughStearnzy will become famous soon enough

I definitely not surprised that the h800 hasn't come out yet, alpine has always been wrong on there release dates, if they give a release date then it probably means next year, the only stuff that comes out on time is the stuff that no one knows about before ces and they are already producing
Stearnzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2011   #1256

Bikinpunk

Thanked 1,141 Times in 544 Posts
Rep Power: 26019 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

Quote:
i dont know, i heard somebody call it the ps8 or something but who knows, rumor mills are saying they have the chasie worked out. and are working on developing it and should have something for CES2012.
There is no new ms-8.

The ps-8 is Arc's processor. It's notching like the ms-8.

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html
ErinH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2011   #1257
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 109 acidbass303 will become famous soon enoughacidbass303 will become famous soon enoughacidbass303 will become famous soon enoughacidbass303 will become famous soon enoughacidbass303 will become famous soon enoughacidbass303 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Can anyone shed some light on how well the auto-tune (imprint) works compared to an MS-8?
Ms8 still is the king of auto-tune. That thing is a genius, tunes in a couple of minutes what other processors take much longer, and does it really well. Having said that, H800 offers a little more user controlabilty especially in the time alignment department (although we have never heard anyone with MS8 having issues with time alignment). The availability of optical inputs is another plus on the H800.
I haven't had too much success using H800's autotune, but when tuning manually, it is a very very capable processor and i am loving it. Still haven't tried the RoadEQ feature yet.

Pioneer Dex-P99rs|Morel Elate 6 3W|Helix C-Dsp| JL Audio 12w6v2
Helix Competition A6 | Helix competition A1 | Adcom GFA 4702|McIntosh MC431
acidbass303 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2011   #1258
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinpunk View Post
There is no new ms-8.

The ps-8 is Arc's processor. It's notching like the ms-8.
ahh see this is why i said I wasn't sure about it. i must of missread the post, they must of done the same thing id id. lol and the cycles continues, now somebodys gonna read my post and think it's a true rumor

far as auto tune vs manual vrs hybrid, the biggest hindge for me when i had an ms-8 was not being to hear the different slopes and cross over points instantly because changing the cross over points and slopes changes the T\A so ms-8 didnt let you change them once it calibrated. i did hear their is a code you can put into the ms-8 to unlock these things but it's extremeley hard to get ahold of, ive knowen people who had direct inside connections with JBl who still coudln't get ahold of this code.

Quote:
Old 12-12-2011   #1259
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 157 pionkej has a spectacular aura aboutpionkej has a spectacular aura aboutpionkej has a spectacular aura aboutpionkej has a spectacular aura aboutpionkej has a spectacular aura aboutpionkej has a spectacular aura aboutpionkej has a spectacular aura aboutpionkej has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
ahh see this is why i said I wasn't sure about it. i must of missread the post, they must of done the same thing id id. lol and the cycles continues, now somebodys gonna read my post and think it's a true rumor

far as auto tune vs manual vrs hybrid, the biggest hindge for me when i had an ms-8 was not being to hear the different slopes and cross over points instantly because changing the cross over points and slopes changes the T\A so ms-8 didnt let you change them once it calibrated. i did hear their is a code you can put into the ms-8 to unlock these things but it's extremeley hard to get ahold of, ive knowen people who had direct inside connections with JBl who still coudln't get ahold of this code.
What is the point of saying stuff like this other than hearing yourself talk? Why would you want a "top secret" code that defeats the purpose of the MS8? Part of the reason MS8 works so well is how it uses T/A to adjust and match phase at the crossover point. Change the point or the slope and it needs to be adjusted. So even if you DID have this code (that I have never heard of) and COULD make these changes, they wouldn't be an A/B comparison and therefore stupid to even want IMHO.

Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't.
pionkej is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2011   #1260
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 ELNA will become famous soon enoughELNA will become famous soon enoughELNA will become famous soon enoughELNA will become famous soon enoughELNA will become famous soon enoughELNA will become famous soon enough

hello ,

i just bought a used PXA-H800 and don`t have an installation CD ... could some one be kind enough to give me a download link for the software or upload an image file somewhere ?

i am so mad cause can not fiind the software anyware ... just got it tonight and can`t do a thing ...
ELNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2011   #1261
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pionkej View Post
What is the point of saying stuff like this other than hearing yourself talk? Why would you want a "top secret" code that defeats the purpose of the MS8? Part of the reason MS8 works so well is how it uses T/A to adjust and match phase at the crossover point. Change the point or the slope and it needs to be adjusted. So even if you DID have this code (that I have never heard of) and COULD make these changes, they wouldn't be an A/B comparison and therefore stupid to even want IMHO.
i'm not talking nore am i hearing anything when i post. but thanks for bashing me unprovoked. and we all know why these things are locked, i'm just saying the code would be nice for those who wish to tweak things, let them also deal with the fall out.

Quote:
Old 12-18-2011   #1262
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 ELNA will become famous soon enoughELNA will become famous soon enoughELNA will become famous soon enoughELNA will become famous soon enoughELNA will become famous soon enoughELNA will become famous soon enough

is there a way of using antEQ without that imprint EQ ?

just tried the imprint eq in my house cause i haven`t had the time to set the pxa in my car and it sounds horible ... i like my manual eq better but i would like antEQ because my oem radio has factory EQ`ing .

it seems i can not activate the antEQ without imprint EQ ...

why did they not use Audyssey with the H800 ? this imprint really sucks ... i have an onkyo reciever with audyssey and it gives great results ...
Old 12-18-2011   #1263
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 170 starboy869 is on a distinguished roadstarboy869 is on a distinguished roadstarboy869 is on a distinguished roadstarboy869 is on a distinguished roadstarboy869 is on a distinguished road

I'm seriously thinking about getting one.

Chris
system for sale.
starboy869 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2011   #1264
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 ernperkins will become famous soon enoughernperkins will become famous soon enoughernperkins will become famous soon enoughernperkins will become famous soon enoughernperkins will become famous soon enoughernperkins will become famous soon enough

On the PXE-H650 and H660: Imprint = AntiEQ + Audyssey Multi-EQ. I thought it was the same on the H800.
ernperkins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2011   #1265
DIYMA 500 Club

On the PXA-h800 there is no Audyssey Multi-Eq it is their own Imprint EQ ... i think it is the same ... it doesn`t say Audyssey anywhere look in the manual .... no Audyssey logo on the box or anywhere ...

can you deactivade Mutli Eq in the PXE-H650 and H660 but still keep AntiEQ active ?
Old 12-20-2011   #1266

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 252 t3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELNA View Post
On the PXA-h800 there is no Audyssey Multi-Eq it is their own Imprint EQ ... i think it is the same ... it doesn`t say Audyssey anywhere look in the manual .... no Audyssey logo on the box or anywhere ...

can you deactivade Mutli Eq in the PXE-H650 and H660 but still keep AntiEQ active ?
Correct, it is their own auto EQ. Nothing to do with Audyssey this time around. Jim Walters talks about it somewhere in this thread.
t3sn4f2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2011   #1267
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 155 The A Train will become famous soon enoughThe A Train will become famous soon enoughThe A Train will become famous soon enoughThe A Train will become famous soon enoughThe A Train will become famous soon enoughThe A Train will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to The A Train

Any updates on this? My H660 is decent, but I just dont have the freedom that I want with it. Im tempted to jump on the 2X8 miniDSP...
The A Train is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2011   #1268

Bikinpunk

Thanked 1,141 Times in 544 Posts
Rep Power: 26019 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

If you don't need ainet interface and you can get by without having to use a controller (ie: you don't mind being restricted by a laptop), you don't need 5.1, and you don't need or want auto tune... In other words, you want a standard use DSP ... Skip this piece and go with the helix pdsp. It is a much better processor in regards to DSP features.

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html
ErinH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2011   #1269
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 308 subwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinpunk View Post
If you don't need ainet interface and you can get by without having to use a controller (ie: you don't mind being restricted by a laptop), you don't need 5.1, and you don't need or want auto tune... In other words, you want a standard use DSP ... Skip this piece and go with the helix pdsp. It is a much better processor in regards to DSP features.
And with a little luck, you might have your car-specific setup ready to be used with your P-DSP as a baseline

Kelvin

Lycan
Quote:
I'll repeat it for the miliionth time : All amps do NOT sound the same ... It's astonishing to me that nobody understands this
Who knows, some might understand now
and here's another one and another <-- click on the links
subwoofery is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2011   #1270
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 126 co_leonard will become famous soon enoughco_leonard will become famous soon enoughco_leonard will become famous soon enoughco_leonard will become famous soon enoughco_leonard will become famous soon enoughco_leonard will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Yahoo to co_leonard

My H800 is version 1.001.

My mid-left output has no sound, and outputs a hissing sound. Anyone experience a silent but hissing sound from one of the H800 outputs?
co_leonard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2011   #1271
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 126 co_leonard will become famous soon enoughco_leonard will become famous soon enoughco_leonard will become famous soon enoughco_leonard will become famous soon enoughco_leonard will become famous soon enoughco_leonard will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LOUD2OLD View Post
ahh but the P99 is a PITA to use :P

ease of use is a pretty big factor for me, the menus of the P99 just make no sense, why the hell should you have to go through multiple menus just to pause?
lack of multiple presets is a pretty big fail, only having presets for the TA and EQ is pretty annoying and there is no master preset.
the TA just makes no sense, when I want to delay the right side, I have to adjust the left side, just weird. yes I know the reasoning but it is just not logical or natural.
Just press the DF button on the remote to pause.

I've had mild success tuning my P99RS. Yes, there is a steep learning curve but I'd you're familiar with tuning the P80 or P90, tuning the P99 is actually straightforward.
Old 12-26-2011   #1272
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 170 starboy869 is on a distinguished roadstarboy869 is on a distinguished roadstarboy869 is on a distinguished roadstarboy869 is on a distinguished roadstarboy869 is on a distinguished road

Alpine AUSSIE has updated firmware upgarades.

so damn tempted....

Chris
system for sale.
starboy869 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2011   #1273

Rep Power: 0 Thrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by starboy869 View Post
Alpine AUSSIE has updated firmware upgarades.

so damn tempted....
The update has been around for ages, stop debating and just buy the darn thing, you will love it!
Thrill_House is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2011   #1274
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET328 View Post
Here is a post I wrote earlier:
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...3-post779.html

First you need to install Virtual PC, (if your Win7 edition supports it)
Windows Virtual PC: Home Page

If it does not support, then VMWare Player, but then you also need XP installation CD
Create an XP Mode for Windows 7 Home Versions & Vista - How-To Geek
Tried vmware player running winxp over windows7 x64. Can't get vmware to recognize the H800 when plugged in to the laptop's USB port. Tried all ports, no luck.

Any tips?
Old 12-28-2011   #1275
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 106 ET328 will become famous soon enoughET328 will become famous soon enoughET328 will become famous soon enoughET328 will become famous soon enoughET328 will become famous soon enoughET328 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by co_leonard View Post
Tried vmware player running winxp over windows7 x64. Can't get vmware to recognize the H800 when plugged in to the laptop's USB port. Tried all ports, no luck.

Any tips?
Have you selected "Connect (disconnect from host)" in VMWare VM-menu's removable devices? H800 should be available there with unknow device, serial device or something like that. USB devices are not (thru)connected to the virtual machine unless you do that.
ET328 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement