Alpine PXA-H800 Processor Discussion Thread - Page 52 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011   #1276
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 108 acidbass303 will become famous soon enoughacidbass303 will become famous soon enoughacidbass303 will become famous soon enoughacidbass303 will become famous soon enoughacidbass303 will become famous soon enoughacidbass303 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Alpine PXA-H800 Processor Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET328 View Post
Have you selected "Connect (disconnect from host)" in VMWare VM-menu's removable devices? H800 should be available there with unknow device, serial device or something like that. USB devices are not (thru)connected to the virtual machine unless you do that.
Exactly, on my system it shows as Maxim USB audio device. It is in the lower right corner when running in windowed mode( not full screen)

Pioneer Dex-P99rs|Morel Elate 6 3W|Helix C-Dsp| JL Audio 12w6v2
Helix Competition A6 | Helix competition A1 | Adcom GFA 4702|McIntosh MC431
acidbass303 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2011   #1277
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 124 co_leonard will become famous soon enoughco_leonard will become famous soon enoughco_leonard will become famous soon enoughco_leonard will become famous soon enoughco_leonard will become famous soon enoughco_leonard will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Yahoo to co_leonard

@ET328 - nope, when I plug the H800 into the laptop's USB port, it doesn't show up at all even on the taskbar tray of Win7x64. So it also doesn't show up in the VMware USB device choices.

Although the laptop's built-in fingerprint scanner and webcam and my external hard drive all show up on VMware's choices, so I can disconnect it from the host for VMware to use.

The H800 works fine with another laptop running Win7x32 but sadly, it doesn't show up at all as a USB device on my Win7x64 laptop when it is plugged in.

By the way, my laptop is running Win7x64 Home Premium, not the Professional Edition.

Any tips?

@Acidbass303 - yup that's what I was looking for when I plug the H800 USB into my Win7x64 laptop. Is your laptop also running Win7x64 Home Edition?

Last edited by co_leonard; 12-28-2011 at 11:06 AM..
co_leonard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2011   #1278
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 108 acidbass303 will become famous soon enoughacidbass303 will become famous soon enoughacidbass303 will become famous soon enoughacidbass303 will become famous soon enoughacidbass303 will become famous soon enoughacidbass303 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by co_leonard View Post
@ET328 - nope, when I plug the H800 into the laptop's USB port, it doesn't show up at all even on the taskbar tray of Win7x64. So it also doesn't show up in the VMware USB device choices.

Although the laptop's built-in fingerprint scanner and webcam and my external hard drive all show up on VMware's choices, so I can disconnect it from the host for VMware to use.

The H800 works fine with another laptop running Win7x32 but sadly, it doesn't show up at all as a USB device on my Win7x64 laptop when it is plugged in.

Any tips?

@Acidbass303 - yup that's what I was looking for when I plug the H800 USB into my Win7x64 laptop. Is your laptop also running Win7x64?

Yes mate, Window 7 Home premium x64. Its strange, it works totally fine with my VM. try Running the VM first and when the Windows XP has loaded then try connecting the H800.

Or try reinstalling the H800 manager in windows xp VM. BTW i also installed my H800 manager on the Windows7. Try it, may be that will help?

Last edited by acidbass303; 12-28-2011 at 11:15 AM..

Old 12-28-2011   #1279
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 97 audioanamoly will become famous soon enoughaudioanamoly will become famous soon enoughaudioanamoly will become famous soon enoughaudioanamoly will become famous soon enoughaudioanamoly will become famous soon enoughaudioanamoly will become famous soon enough

I have a mint/almost BNIB (still has protective plastic on the controller and processor) PXA-H/RUX-C800 COMBO for sale with the latest software update installed. PM me if anyone is interested. I'm in the process of posting the add. It will be up shortly.

Pioneer, Zed Leviathan III, Zed RA, DLS Gothia 6.2s, MB Quart RCE-216, Earthquake Magma 12X
audioanamoly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2011   #1280
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 bass mechanic will become famous soon enoughbass mechanic will become famous soon enoughbass mechanic will become famous soon enoughbass mechanic will become famous soon enoughbass mechanic will become famous soon enoughbass mechanic will become famous soon enough

Hey everyone, this is my first post here.
i would like to know if anyone can direct me to a link on this site where i can learn about what is the latest and greatest in the world of DSP and SQ.
i read all 52 pages of this because i have been looking to buy the H800. i have talked to people on the inside of alpine corporate and have confirmed this unit will be released to the US within the next 30 days.
at this point i am looking to put a system in my 2012 corvette Z06 centennial edition. i had a system in my 2008 that consisted of the Kenwood DNX9980HD jl amps and speakers/ subs.
i took everything out of my old car and am looking to start fresh but building off the concepts i used in the last build.
i feel like a 90,000 car is worth of whatever the top of the line technology is these days.
i had been an installer in a previous life about 10 years ago. did some very high end systems and have more or less been a hobby for the past 10 years so i am not as much in the know as i used to be.
i wonder if anyone can point me to some threads or just educate me in general what direction i need to be looking.
i will be at CES in 3 weeks for just friday. i plan to take that time to find out what is up and coming. but i want to know whats available now so i have the tools necessary to talk intelligently about what is here and now.
this way i can find out what is up and coming with respect to currently technology.

what i do know is that i want to put the latest and greatest in signal processing in my Vette. i have a center speaker that i would like to use and i want 5.1 with all the goodies.
navigation is important to me, i think garmin has the market and with the kenwood having it built in is hard to beat, should i persue alpine?
is their navigation up to par with kenwood?
i have had 3 of the past top of the line navigation receivers from kenwood, i feel they have some room for improvement in the speed department.
otherwise they have some pretty decent DSP and adjustability.
the contacts at alpine keep telling me to just wait till after CES and i plan to before making a decision.
thanks
bass mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2011   #1281
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 124 co_leonard will become famous soon enoughco_leonard will become famous soon enoughco_leonard will become famous soon enoughco_leonard will become famous soon enoughco_leonard will become famous soon enoughco_leonard will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidbass303 View Post
Yes mate, Window 7 Home premium x64. Its strange, it works totally fine with my VM. try Running the VM first and when the Windows XP has loaded then try connecting the H800.

Or try reinstalling the H800 manager in windows xp VM. BTW i also installed my H800 manager on the Windows7. Try it, may be that will help?
Finally got it working!

H800 software running in WinXP Pro x32 running in VMWare Player running in Windows 7 Home Premium x64 on my HP DV6-6168TX laptop.

All I had to do was unplug the USB adaptor of my wireless mouse. Then Windows 7 reported the H800 as an"unidentified device" but XP Pro in VMWare reported it as "Maxim USB Device" just like you said.

I ran the H800 software and it worked just fine. Thanks!
Old 12-30-2011   #1282
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 152 quickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the rough

When is this unit going to be out in US?
quickaudi07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2011   #1283
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 00flash00 will become famous soon enough00flash00 will become famous soon enough00flash00 will become famous soon enough00flash00 will become famous soon enough00flash00 will become famous soon enough00flash00 will become famous soon enough

Hi boys, i have problem pxa-h800 sound source. I listen DVD disc witch clips in Dolby Digital sound. Then select in source menu radio or BT play or TV and I have no sound!!!! I must rotary volume down - up, down - up and then sound listen. I hava optical connection iva-D800 to pxa-h800
Pxa-h800 digital sound switch problem - YouTube
00flash00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2011   #1284
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Finally got it working!

H800 software running in WinXP Pro x32 running in VMWare Player running in Windows 7 Home Premium x64 on my HP DV6-6168TX laptop.

All I had to do was unplug the USB adaptor of my wireless mouse. Then Windows 7 reported the H800 as an"unidentified device" but XP Pro in VMWare reported it as "Maxim USB Device" just like you said.

I ran the H800 software and it worked just fine. Thanks!
Glad to know that it works for you now

Old 12-30-2011   #1285
DIYMA 500 Club

Ok, now I've got my H800 running 4-way full-active, with tweeters, midranges, midbasses and a mono subwoofer. All RCA cables are 1-meter long and are brand new. I also tested each one to ensure continuity. Got one RCA output of my head unit connected to AUX1 of the H800. All tuning is done from the laptop.

Left and right tweeters, left and right midbasses and the mono subwoofer work just fine. But only the right midrange output works. There's no sound coming from the left midrange, just an audible hiss. And there's a crackling noise whenever I blow the horn, like a long RCA cable plugged into a working amp but left hanging - unconnected to the head unit.

I tried swapping RCA cables and swapping amps. Same result. There's obviously something amiss with my H800.

My question is: will updating the firmware from version 1.001 to the latest 1.003 fix this?
Old 01-01-2012   #1286
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 104 ET328 will become famous soon enoughET328 will become famous soon enoughET328 will become famous soon enoughET328 will become famous soon enoughET328 will become famous soon enoughET328 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
There's no sound coming from the left midrange, just an audible hiss. And there's a crackling noise whenever I blow the horn, like a long RCA cable plugged into a working amp but left hanging - unconnected to the head unit.

My question is: will updating the firmware from version 1.001 to the latest 1.003 fix this?
Have you tried swapping cables between left and right midrange outputs? Is right midrange then muted/hissing? Have you tried resetting the processor?
Sounds like you have a bad processor. I recall that bikinpunk had similar problem, search earlier posts in this thread.

As far as I know, the firmware does not fix this, it only fixes bass modulated white noise that it heard in all channels with certain bass test tones and music.

Btw. if you upgrade the firmware, use 32 bit Windows. USB is disconnected few times during the upgrade and requires you to reconnect it via VM menu everytime that happens.
ET328 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2012   #1287
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET328 View Post
Have you tried swapping cables between left and right midrange outputs? Is right midrange then muted/hissing? Have you tried resetting the processor?
Sounds like you have a bad processor. I recall that bikinpunk had similar problem, search earlier posts in this thread.

As far as I know, the firmware does not fix this, it only fixes bass modulated white noise that it heard in all channels with certain bass test tones and music.

Btw. if you upgrade the firmware, use 32 bit Windows. USB is disconnected few times during the upgrade and requires you to reconnect it via VM menu everytime that happens.
Yup, I tried swapping RCA cables and swapping amps. Same result. Left midrange output seems to be kaput. Sad, because I was all set to tune it the other night.

The local distributor has three H800s. I'll borrow the other one and post the results here.

Thanks for the tip regarding using 32-bit Windows on the firmware upgrade.

2007 Honda Civic / Pioneer DEX-P99RS / Seas Excel Millenium T25CF002 Tweeters / Seas Excel W12CY001 Midrange / Dominations CFS4 midbass / Sundown Z15 sub / Sands M475 front-stage amps / Sands M1000 subwoofer amp / Tchernov Original Balanced RCA cables / Team DSD
Old 01-04-2012   #1288
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 152 quickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the rough

Have you guys seen this? I'm really hoping it will be out soon in US.

Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

Thanks for any feed back.
Old 01-04-2012   #1289

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 0 t3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to all

never mind, I didn't bother to look at the date either.

Last edited by t3sn4f2; 01-04-2012 at 04:45 PM..
t3sn4f2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2012   #1290
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 00flash00 will become famous soon enough00flash00 will become famous soon enough00flash00 will become famous soon enough00flash00 will become famous soon enough00flash00 will become famous soon enough00flash00 will become famous soon enough

hi boys, please update pxa-h800 sound manager but i lost my CD. Thank you
00flash00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2012   #1291
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 97 audioanamoly will become famous soon enoughaudioanamoly will become famous soon enoughaudioanamoly will become famous soon enoughaudioanamoly will become famous soon enoughaudioanamoly will become famous soon enoughaudioanamoly will become famous soon enough

Quick question, has anybody else had an issue with trying to set up a 3-way+sub on the output set up menu of the RUX 800? It allows me to select the 3-way+sub output, saves the settings, but then will not allow me to make any x-over/TA/EQ adjustments from the controller. It just skips the midrange altogether when scrolling through speakers. Does this have to be done via pc only? I'm confused.

Pioneer, Zed Leviathan III, Zed RA, DLS Gothia 6.2s, MB Quart RCE-216, Earthquake Magma 12X
Old 01-06-2012   #1292
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioanamoly View Post
Quick question, has anybody else had an issue with trying to set up a 3-way+sub on the output set up menu of the RUX 800? It allows me to select the 3-way+sub output, saves the settings, but then will not allow me to make any x-over/TA/EQ adjustments from the controller. It just skips the midrange altogether when scrolling through speakers. Does this have to be done via pc only? I'm confused.
Nevermind, I figured it out

Old 01-09-2012   #1293
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 Limster will become famous soon enoughLimster will become famous soon enoughLimster will become famous soon enoughLimster will become famous soon enoughLimster will become famous soon enoughLimster will become famous soon enough

Can i connect 6 channel preout from hu to h800 and ainet connected as well? So that i can get 5.1 sound without using optical or rather no optical output from my HU.
Limster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2012   #1294
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limster View Post
Can i connect 6 channel preout from hu to h800 and ainet connected as well? So that i can get 5.1 sound without using optical or rather no optical output from my HU.
Hmm... What's your head unit?

2007 Honda Civic / Pioneer DEX-P99RS / Seas Excel Millenium T25CF002 Tweeters / Seas Excel W12CY001 Midrange / Dominations CFS4 midbass / Sundown Z15 sub / Sands M475 front-stage amps / Sands M1000 subwoofer amp / Tchernov Original Balanced RCA cables / Team DSD
Old 01-09-2012   #1295
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 Limster will become famous soon enoughLimster will become famous soon enoughLimster will become famous soon enoughLimster will become famous soon enoughLimster will become famous soon enoughLimster will become famous soon enough

My HU is IVA-W520E... no Optical cable output.

Will using preout direct to H800 using good interconnectors reduce "ssss" noise. Its very low but perhaps im sensitive.
Limster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2012   #1296

Rep Power: 0 Thrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enough

Quote:
There is no way to extract 5.1 surround sound with out the use of digital toslink cable.
Thrill_House is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2012   #1297

Rep Power: 0 Thrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enough

Quote:
My HU is IVA-W520E... no Optical cable output.

Will using preout direct to H800 using good interconnectors reduce "ssss" noise. Its very low but perhaps im sensitive.
Why not just use the ainet connection from the hu to the H800, it may not be good as using the toslink but its still a hell of a lot cleaner then using the RCA inputs.
Thrill_House is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2012   #1298
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Hey guys, quick question,

I have a eye on H800, how would I connect that unit from my HU?

I will be using RCA's for now, but do i use just left and right channel like on JBL MS-8? or will i use all 6 inputs FL+FR, RL+RR +sub?

Little confused and I would like to make sure i have everything in place to connect to my new unit once i get it.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-10-2012   #1299
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
CPCustoms
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 0 cpcustoms will become famous soon enoughcpcustoms will become famous soon enoughcpcustoms will become famous soon enoughcpcustoms will become famous soon enoughcpcustoms will become famous soon enoughcpcustoms will become famous soon enough

So, I just wanted to raise the question...

Why did Alpine decide to get me all excited by making a Nav unit with the ability for DVD-A playback of 24/96k encoding and put a digital optical out on the unit... and then make the H-800 to accept the digital optical in for beautiful SQ tuning... and then really bum me out when i read the manual and it states this about the encoding of the optical line:

"The audio signals recorded on the disc are converted to 48 kHz/16 bit (for DVDs) or 44.1 kHz (for Video CDs and CDs) linear PCM audio signals for output."

I might as well just play a normal CD with that encoding coming out the back.

Now ive heard different conflicting things about the Bandwidth limits of optical transfer cables, some say they max out at 16 bit, other specs say they max out at the transfer of 24 bit. But if they were going for a new generation of "sound quality" pieces (which im glad they are FINALLY coming back to that at least somewhat in the USA. but why make it have the ability for DVD-A playback and Digital out with such a letdown on the actual output stage of the deck and the subsequent input stage of the H-800? If it truly is for the limitations of optical, then why not digital coax? It could have had GREAT inductive noise resistance and transferred the true 24/96. Just some thoughts for Alpine USA... Maybe someday i can actually use my car with the same Hi-Res recordings as my HT system? hint hint...

And anyone know what the deal is with their Proprietary optical cable? is it just so that you are forced to buy theirs? or is there a converter to regular toslink or an even better 3.5mm mini optical jack? I would rather get a higher end optical cable to run between the units if i decide to get them.

MECP MASTER, Carputer, DLS Gothia 6.3, Rear ID XS-65, 2x12"IDMAX, ArcAudio SE2300, ArcAudio SE4200, Audiocontrol DQXS, AudioQuest Solid Core Rocket44 cable to each speaker, AudioQuest COLUMBIA RCA's with a 72volt Dielectric Bias Noise Dissipation pack per pair.
cpcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2012   #1300
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 119 pankrok will become famous soon enoughpankrok will become famous soon enoughpankrok will become famous soon enoughpankrok will become famous soon enoughpankrok will become famous soon enoughpankrok will become famous soon enough

Proprietary cable of alpine is just an optical cable with digital to toslink adapter on one edge. Is exactly same as pioneer which has in contrast adaptor on both edges.
The problem is that this adaptor operates at 2.5v while all other toslink transmitters operate at 5v. The transmitter can be removed from cable and fixed on another but this means that you will have to slightly modify your cable as it doesnot accept standard toslink plug (need to cut part of the plug).
Toslink limitations are at least 24/96 and really I do not know what people are thinking when using 24bit dacs but downgrading signal to 16bit. Looks stupit to me.

pankrok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement