DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Alpine PXA-H800 Processor Discussion Thread

686K views 3K replies 414 participants last post by  bradsk88 
#1 ·
So I was at the MERA Knowledgefest the last couple of days and a certain high profile Alpine employee was there for some of the trainings. At the end of one of them I asked when the new PXA-H701 was coming out. His response "soon enough". I about ****, because I was just kidding!!! After it was over, I approached him for more info, but he said he had already told me too much. Afterwards, I met him down in the exhibition hall and tried once more for some information. I got way more than I ever expected. Basically, it's going to be very similar, with some really cool improvements, in the same basic price range, and will indeed have an optical in. After he told me the optical part, I had to ask if that meant a resurgence in optical outs for the screens and/or head units. He told me that it wouldn't make much sense to produce a high end processor with an optical in and not offer a head unit with an optical out. It should also either include or have the option of a separate single din controller, much like the RUX-C701.

SO, there you go. I have a feeling that I'll be getting in trouble for this somehow, but I also feel like I should share this incredibly exciting news with you guys. I know there is probably a better suited area for this, but I wasn't sure what it was and because this section gets much more traffic, I thought it would be seen. Thanks, and I hope you are as excited as I am!!!

See less See more
#1,489 ·
One thing about mic placement. I've a 80 page pdf file , from inside Alpine, where they explain every little feature of this phx-800. Please make sure you point your mic upwards, so direct it to the ceeling of your car. DON'T POINT FORWARDS, this is the most common mistake with IMPRINT, a second tip is turn of all amplifier x-overs, bassboost etc.... l. Imprint has to be able to make influence on different settings of your system. Thirth suggestion is place your mic on earlevel and remove the headrests .In some cases his can make a huge improvement in the tuning proces. I'll try to post the parts of the pdf that are usefull for the users of this system.:)

#1,491 ·
I read about this new processor on the Alpine website. Didn't find anything else new. Does anyone know if they're coming out with any other new amplifiers? Or just PDX still?

#1,493 ·
I'm trying to find out how I can select the pages from the PDF file that are usefull and how to post them here. If anybody can give me some advise on this, I"ll post them as soon as possible. I'll start with the Imprint instructions, they are a step by step guide illustrated with pictures, written in english and there are some very usefull explanations on the technology and how they work.

#1,494 ·
@Bigguy, there will be some new amps coming out, one very nice one the PDX-V9 will be a brand new 5 channel amp. The RMS value for this one 4 x 100+ 1 x 500 at 14,4V and between 2/4Ohms. In the MRX range there will be the MRX-F65, 4 x 110w( 4 Ohm). On the belgian website you can downoad the 2012 catalogue with all the forseen new comings. Greetz.:)

#1,496 ·
Thank you ! I thought they had something coming out this year. I'll keep an eye on their website over the next few months.

#1,499 ·
Once you reply, click on "Go Advanced"
you will see this
Attach Files
Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip

just click on that and select the file that you want to upload ...

Enjoy!

#1,502 ·
I hope this document can help lots of users in better understanding and easier use of the sytem. I'll post the rest of the interesting pages in seperate stages so you don't have to read everything but only the part you're interested in.:)All the credits for making this document go to Alpine.

#1,503 ·
New toy has arrived :)

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

#1,506 ·
Alpine Europe have released two different but new firmwares.
1.100 and 2.100 depending on AI-NET usage or not.

Alpine*-*PXA-H800 & RUX-C800 (V1.100 / V2.100) Firmware Update

The fixes are:
Cancel residual DSP noise
Save System Settings in Preset after lost battery or disconnected Ai-Net
Improved Preset data back up and restore (Navi mix setting (ON/OFF), guidance mix levels and Imprint settings are stored in Preset)
Subwoofer level adjustment for older Ai-NET units
Higher woofer level for DD and dts
Higher level for Navi Mix
New Sound Manager Software

#1,508 ·
Alpine Europe have released two different but new firmwares.
1.100 and 2.100 depending on AI-NET usage or not.

Alpine*-*PXA-H800 & RUX-C800 (V1.100 / V2.100) Firmware Update

The fixes are:
Cancel residual DSP noise
Save System Settings in Preset after lost battery or disconnected Ai-Net
Improved Preset data back up and restore (Navi mix setting (ON/OFF), guidance mix levels and Imprint settings are stored in Preset)
Subwoofer level adjustment for older Ai-NET units
Higher woofer level for DD and dts
Higher level for Navi Mix
New Sound Manager Software
Does it work with Windows newer than XP now???

#1,509 ·
Always did, I'm running it on a regular Windows 7 base on a 32 bit laptop and it works fine. Also have it running on a 64 bit laptop under a virtual 32 bit windows XP and also this works fine. A client of mine made this for me. So whatever computer you have, you can make it work. The reason why Alpine didn't foresee using it on newer 64 bit laptops is not clear to me.

#1,510 ·
I'm wondering if this pxa-h800 will sound better than the pxa-h100 that I currently have? I use only the tuning with the mic because it's better than how I can ever tune it by ear. I called alpine a couple weeks ago and they didn't have an exact answer because they didn't have a pxa-h800 to play with yet.

#1,511 ·
I set up a car with the autoeq and saved that to one preset and then tuned it again using my ears and a RTA analyser saved that to another preset. Then I let several people listen to it, they didn't know what they were listening at, and asked which settng they would choose, preset 1 or the second one. Every single one of them choose preset 2. This was also my findings about the imprint in the PXH800, I must say this was before I got the extra info I posted above. I placed the mic horizontal and afterwards it was made clear to place it vertical. Concerning the H100, I always liked the solution it gave in various vehicles. So try it, give it a few go's and listen to it. I tend to skipp the autotune and directly tune it manually.

#1,515 ·
I know this may sound stupid, but see if you could get some kind of referb laptop with xp on it, I'm sure Ebay has them for good price.
You dont need anything special or powerful, the software its self takes about 250mb

#1,519 ·
So i ran the correct update and i still dont have sub level control, wtf!!_

#1,520 ·
As I stated before I had a chance to play with my unit at home, and without upgrading software I had sub level control, I forgot how i did it, but it was there, when i get a chance maybe tonight I will make a video of it and post it up here to help you out...

Mario

#1,525 ·
No. The problem is that PXA-H800's USB drivers do not work/install in 64 bit systems and Sound Manager crashes without them.

It's a mystery why Alpine didn't compile 64bit drivers, the software package that was used to make the drivers seems to support 32 and 64 bits.

#1,527 ·
I have installed on xp 32 bit and it works fine, :)

but thats kind of odd that it wont work on win7 :(

#1,529 ·
I will need to try it:eek:

#1,530 ·

looks like a long night of trying to figure it out before the install.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.