Alpine PXA-H800 Processor Discussion Thread - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2010   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 131 Salad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enough

Default Alpine PXA-H800 Processor Discussion Thread

So I was at the MERA Knowledgefest the last couple of days and a certain high profile Alpine employee was there for some of the trainings. At the end of one of them I asked when the new PXA-H701 was coming out. His response "soon enough". I about shit, because I was just kidding!!! After it was over, I approached him for more info, but he said he had already told me too much. Afterwards, I met him down in the exhibition hall and tried once more for some information. I got way more than I ever expected. Basically, it's going to be very similar, with some really cool improvements, in the same basic price range, and will indeed have an optical in. After he told me the optical part, I had to ask if that meant a resurgence in optical outs for the screens and/or head units. He told me that it wouldn't make much sense to produce a high end processor with an optical in and not offer a head unit with an optical out. It should also either include or have the option of a separate single din controller, much like the RUX-C701.

SO, there you go. I have a feeling that I'll be getting in trouble for this somehow, but I also feel like I should share this incredibly exciting news with you guys. I know there is probably a better suited area for this, but I wasn't sure what it was and because this section gets much more traffic, I thought it would be seen. Thanks, and I hope you are as excited as I am!!!
Salad Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2010   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 131 Salad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enough

Default re: Alpine PXA-H800 Processor Discussion Thread

Oh yea, targeted for first quarter of 2011!!!!
Old 10-14-2010   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 121 rakisto will become famous soon enoughrakisto will become famous soon enoughrakisto will become famous soon enoughrakisto will become famous soon enoughrakisto will become famous soon enoughrakisto will become famous soon enough

sounds exciting! about time.
rakisto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 108 SneakyCyber will become famous soon enoughSneakyCyber will become famous soon enoughSneakyCyber will become famous soon enoughSneakyCyber will become famous soon enoughSneakyCyber will become famous soon enoughSneakyCyber will become famous soon enough

WOW great maybe I will hold off on the MS8 and stick with the alpine setup.

(edit: This is in reference to a setup I posted on the DIYaudio page I will post a build log here when I am closer to completion)

Last edited by SneakyCyber; 10-14-2010 at 01:13 AM..
SneakyCyber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2010   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 157 wdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enough

That great news! I'm happy to hear that they appear to be going back to putting out higher quality units, compared to what they have been putting out lately. That's coming from an Alpine fan.
wdemetrius1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2010   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 128 ALL4SQ will become famous soon enoughALL4SQ will become famous soon enoughALL4SQ will become famous soon enoughALL4SQ will become famous soon enoughALL4SQ will become famous soon enoughALL4SQ will become famous soon enough

Glad to hear Alpine is coming out with as processor that doesn't lock out the user like Imprint and doesn't cost to much.

I guess I can stop buying used H701's now.

Mike Peterson
ALL4SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2010   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 130 titansfan will become famous soon enoughtitansfan will become famous soon enoughtitansfan will become famous soon enoughtitansfan will become famous soon enoughtitansfan will become famous soon enoughtitansfan will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE= I guess I can stop buying used H701's now. [/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with that. I'm still using mine, and I have a new ms-8 sitting in my spare room. The H701 is still my favorite processor.
titansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2010   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 138 Toys7505 will become famous soon enoughToys7505 will become famous soon enoughToys7505 will become famous soon enoughToys7505 will become famous soon enoughToys7505 will become famous soon enoughToys7505 will become famous soon enough

Maybe the Bitone and the MS8 have kicked Alpine in the @$$ and are now taking the offensive to produce and put out something to match or rival their competition. I wish Alpine would go back to high quality products like the F1 line or similiar (i.e. CDA-7949 era). If, and when it does come out, hopefully it will be compatible with previous Alpine HU's......

///ALPINE W205/H701 combo w/ Blackbird II NAV, JL AUDIO A6450 & A1400 amps, Rockford Fosgate P1S410 10" subs, CDT Audio HD-642 3-way component set
Toys7505 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2010   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 150 TREETOP will become famous soon enoughTREETOP will become famous soon enoughTREETOP will become famous soon enoughTREETOP will become famous soon enoughTREETOP will become famous soon enoughTREETOP will become famous soon enough

This is good news especially considering they've done away with active capable head units.
I expect they'll release more info at CES in January. Any bets on whether we'll hear more sooner than that?
TREETOP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2010   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 174 nineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREETOP View Post
This is good news especially considering they've done away with active capable head units.
I expect they'll release more info at CES in January. Any bets on whether we'll hear more sooner than that?

considering the ms-8 thread on here was started 3 years before it was released i'd say that is a safe bet.

Freedom of speech includes the freedom to offend people. - Brad Thor
nineball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2010   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineball View Post
considering the ms-8 thread on here was started 3 years before it was released i'd say that is a safe bet.
I don't think that is going to happen. I've been selling Alpine for years, and they are so secretive about upcoming releases that I know on more than one occasion I have had a CUSTOMER tell me about a new product. Be expecting to see it first quarter of 2011...
Old 10-15-2010   #12

Rep Power: 155 mmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enough

Thank you Jesus!!!!!!!!!!
mmiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2010   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 108 SneakyCyber will become famous soon enoughSneakyCyber will become famous soon enoughSneakyCyber will become famous soon enoughSneakyCyber will become famous soon enoughSneakyCyber will become famous soon enoughSneakyCyber will become famous soon enough

I talked to my sales rep in Toledo, He talked to Alpine and they wont know anything Firm until they meet in California in December for the Rep conference. It will likely show up at CES in January and we will see it in stores March and maybe as late as June.. I hope its sooner then that I am salivating at the news.. Although I do have to save up the money to buy one.. I am expecting retail at 700 real world around 600. On par with the MS-8
Old 10-15-2010   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 324 I800C0LLECT has a reputation beyond reputeI800C0LLECT has a reputation beyond reputeI800C0LLECT has a reputation beyond reputeI800C0LLECT has a reputation beyond reputeI800C0LLECT has a reputation beyond reputeI800C0LLECT has a reputation beyond reputeI800C0LLECT has a reputation beyond reputeI800C0LLECT has a reputation beyond reputeI800C0LLECT has a reputation beyond reputeI800C0LLECT has a reputation beyond reputeI800C0LLECT has a reputation beyond repute

Gewd times

It's hard to to put all my eggs in the P99 when a "multimedia" double din + H701 would be easier to sell to the wife

Don't mistake activity for accomplishment.
My '13 Jetta build...not finished
I800C0LLECT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2010   #15
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 129 bmwproboi05 will become famous soon enoughbmwproboi05 will become famous soon enoughbmwproboi05 will become famous soon enoughbmwproboi05 will become famous soon enoughbmwproboi05 will become famous soon enoughbmwproboi05 will become famous soon enough

man i just ordred the bit one :/

2006 pwp tsx
Alpine 9886 / Focal krx2 / Focal Fp 2.150/ Jl 500/1 / Jl 300/4
2012 Ridgeline Sport:
bmwproboi05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2010   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

I am looking at upgrading my 9886 to 9887 to tide me over until the new imprint comes out.
Old 10-15-2010   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 178 evo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enough

Fingers crossed hoping for 3 pairs of RCA out on the front channel. It would be nice if they release this HU in the USA Alpine*-*Mobile Media Stations*-*IVA-D511R

It has optical out via the KWE-610A cable. Plus adjustable illumination to match one's car interior.

Rocking the ELS system in my Tech Package Acura
evo9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2010   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

Why cant you have it shipped here?
Old 10-16-2010   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 154 Mirage_Man will become famous soon enoughMirage_Man will become famous soon enoughMirage_Man will become famous soon enoughMirage_Man will become famous soon enoughMirage_Man will become famous soon enoughMirage_Man will become famous soon enough

Well this is interesting news. I was just on the phone the other day with Alpine CS about another matter and I mentioned how I was really disappointed in Alpine for not offering a more user tweak-able like the H701 anymore. Or for that matter the fact that none of the new HU's having optical outputs. The guy said that's what the imprint modules were for . Well obviously he just doesn't understand our mentality . Anyway, I'm glad to hear the news except I just sent my H701 off to have Matt R modify it.
Mirage_Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2010   #20
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 129 bmwproboi05 will become famous soon enoughbmwproboi05 will become famous soon enoughbmwproboi05 will become famous soon enoughbmwproboi05 will become famous soon enoughbmwproboi05 will become famous soon enoughbmwproboi05 will become famous soon enough

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...kie-build.html

guy said he has a "Alpine PHA-H701 (yet to be released to the public)"

2006 pwp tsx
Alpine 9886 / Focal krx2 / Focal Fp 2.150/ Jl 500/1 / Jl 300/4
2012 Ridgeline Sport:
bmwproboi05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2010   #21
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 178 evo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwproboi05 View Post
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...kie-build.html

guy said he has a "Alpine PHA-H701 (yet to be released to the public)"
He said on shopping list!

Rocking the ELS system in my Tech Package Acura
evo9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2010   #22
DIYMA 500 Club

Ya I wish I was that lucky NO ONE has one yet. That I know of
Old 10-17-2010   #23
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 185 Mic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura about

What I heard from some guys who talked to Steve Brown at MERA it really wont be much like the H700/701 at all. Its an upgraded version of Imprint that fixes many of the auto tune features that the original version has. It will have some, but limited ability for the user to make fine adjustments.

2010 MECA Extreme World champion,
2005 IASCA World Champion Pro 600+
2010 MECA Mike Baylor Sportsmanship Award
2011 MECA SQL Spirit Award
2012 MECA SQL Judge of The Year
2012 IASCA FINALS SQ/INSTALL Judge
2012 USACi Japan Finals Judge
2013 IASCA FINALS IQC Install Judge
Mic10is is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2010   #24
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 154 Mirage_Man will become famous soon enoughMirage_Man will become famous soon enoughMirage_Man will become famous soon enoughMirage_Man will become famous soon enoughMirage_Man will become famous soon enoughMirage_Man will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mic10is View Post
What I heard from some guys who talked to Steve Brown at MERA it really wont be much like the H700/701 at all. Its an upgraded version of Imprint that fixes many of the auto tune features that the original version has. It will have some, but limited ability for the user to make fine adjustments.
So much for that .
Mirage_Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2010   #25
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 145 n_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enough

Although I'd love to get my hands on a PXA-H700/1 replacement just for the sake of it, you guys have to understand that most people DON'T care to tune the car themselves, we're a minority in the car audio market.

Let's not forget that the H700 did have auto-EQ and auto-TA, as did most upmarket Pioneer units, as did the F#1 (both generations). Did they work? Did they f*ck. Nowadays though, with modern algorithms, readily available chipsets and careful software design, it's much easier to auto-tune (and sound right). The Audyssey software found in Imprint, Audison's implementation in the BitOne and the DSP/Logic7 in MS-8 are all great examples of that. Some may be more capable than the others, but they all share the same basic concept.

Let's hope I'm 100% wrong though, and the new Alpine processor, aside of its auto features, has an all-out manually tunable environment.

Nick
oısɹǝʌǝɹ :ɐʇɐqoɹd snʇɹıʌ
Now stripped out
n_olympios is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement