Show off your midrange/tweet a-pillars! - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2010   #1

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 0 SouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to SouthSyde

Default Show off your midrange/tweet a-pillars!

So I am planning on going a different route now, with midbass in the kicks and the midrange/tweet in the pillars. Just trying to get some ideas. Show me what you got!! So far loving minibox's pillars...

thank you!!
SouthSyde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to SouthSyde For This Useful Post:
Jose131 (05-24-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2010   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 128 masswork will become famous soon enoughmasswork will become famous soon enoughmasswork will become famous soon enoughmasswork will become famous soon enoughmasswork will become famous soon enoughmasswork will become famous soon enoughmasswork will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Show off your midrange/tweet a-pillars!

Here's mine.
Car is Honda Jazz (Fit) 2005. Digital processing is used.

Midbass is in bottom of the door (original location)
masswork is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2010   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 150 circa40 will become famous soon enoughcirca40 will become famous soon enoughcirca40 will become famous soon enoughcirca40 will become famous soon enoughcirca40 will become famous soon enoughcirca40 will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to circa40

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...s-pillars.html
circa40 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 127 s4turn will become famous soon enoughs4turn will become famous soon enoughs4turn will become famous soon enoughs4turn will become famous soon enoughs4turn will become famous soon enoughs4turn will become famous soon enough

Will be watching this

Alpine W505 + h701 | Boston GT 24/40/42 Amps | Boston G5 sub | Scanspeak Fronts | 18w/8531 | 12m/4631G | D2004/6020-00
s4turn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2010   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 107 s1monxsayz will become famous soon enoughs1monxsayz will become famous soon enoughs1monxsayz will become famous soon enoughs1monxsayz will become famous soon enoughs1monxsayz will become famous soon enoughs1monxsayz will become famous soon enough

same
s1monxsayz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2010   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 160 stereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by masswork View Post
Here's mine.
Car is Honda Jazz (Fit) 2005. Digital processing is used.

Midbass is in bottom of the door (original location)
Kinda hard to drive with the steering wheel on the wrong side????

Chuck

HU, Processor, Amps, Drivers.
stereo_luver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2010   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 128 masswork will become famous soon enoughmasswork will become famous soon enoughmasswork will become famous soon enoughmasswork will become famous soon enoughmasswork will become famous soon enoughmasswork will become famous soon enoughmasswork will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereo_luver View Post
Kinda hard to drive with the steering wheel on the wrong side????
Umm, that's not part of the modification

Seriously, installing mid/tweet in the a-pillar isn't a bad idea. Well, at least for 1 seat car.
Here's my car FR:

Center is right at the middle of dash. Both speakers blend nicely into the stage. Some people thought those aren't producing any sound

I'll do another setting tomorrow... hopefully there will be an improvement
masswork is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2010   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 [mikamouse] will become famous soon enough[mikamouse] will become famous soon enough[mikamouse] will become famous soon enough[mikamouse] will become famous soon enough[mikamouse] will become famous soon enough[mikamouse] will become famous soon enough

nothing much on my previous civic, don't mind the scratch though on the 10yr old car

[mikamouse] is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2010   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 156 BlueAc will become famous soon enoughBlueAc will become famous soon enoughBlueAc will become famous soon enoughBlueAc will become famous soon enoughBlueAc will become famous soon enoughBlueAc will become famous soon enough

Do airbags have to be removed from the A pillar if they are present? I have always liked that type of setup but was unsure about the safety if it. Thx

2007 Chevy Tahoe Z71- Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX / Helix DSP.2 / Focal ES 165K2 / Morel Maximo 6 / JL Audio 12w6v3 / Arc Audio 1100.5 (highs/rear/sub) / Arc Audio KS300.2 (mids)
BlueAc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2010   #10
Upgrade Your Membership!

Diyma Ninja

Rep Power: 275 thehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud of

I'd show you mine, but they look stock from inside the car.
thehatedguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2010   #11
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 149 Salami is on a distinguished roadSalami is on a distinguished roadSalami is on a distinguished roadSalami is on a distinguished roadSalami is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by [mikamouse] View Post
nothing much on my previous civic, don't mind the scratch though on the 10yr old car
96-00 body style, correct? If so can you post some more pictures? I am looking for some ideas.

What kind of mids are in there?
Salami is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Salami For This Useful Post:
Bridgehl4 (05-27-2017)
Old 11-19-2010   #12

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 0 SouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to SouthSyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehatedguy View Post
I'd show you mine, but they look stock from inside the car.
please do.. ur kicks were AWESOME!! the ones that looked stock...
SouthSyde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2010   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 119 pusko will become famous soon enoughpusko will become famous soon enoughpusko will become famous soon enoughpusko will become famous soon enoughpusko will become famous soon enoughpusko will become famous soon enough

Fiat 500, Pioneer dex-p99rs, Dls Scandinavia 3-way, Dls (A2, A3, A5), Dls rw10.
pusko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2010   #14

Banned

Rep Power: 0 Ultimateherts will become famous soon enoughUltimateherts will become famous soon enoughUltimateherts will become famous soon enoughUltimateherts will become famous soon enoughUltimateherts will become famous soon enoughUltimateherts will become famous soon enoughUltimateherts will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusko View Post

Now that is a great install!!!
Ultimateherts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2010   #15
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 [mikamouse] will become famous soon enough[mikamouse] will become famous soon enough[mikamouse] will become famous soon enough[mikamouse] will become famous soon enough[mikamouse] will become famous soon enough[mikamouse] will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami View Post
96-00 body style, correct? If so can you post some more pictures? I am looking for some ideas.

What kind of mids are in there?
very nice install pusko! woot woot!

salami, as you requested, Doing-It-Yourself + friends

frontstage are Hertz MLK165 (running passives) + HL70 midrange (active)
substage: Hertz HX300

[mikamouse] is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2010   #16
Upgrade Your Membership!

Diyma Ninja

Rep Power: 275 thehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud of

Aight, but don't get underwhelmed with how they look on the outside...

Two of the driver's side during building and one of the passenger's side finished.

As you can see...they are completely stealth and the car looks factory from the inside.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IS300sub 044.jpg (96.1 KB, 2881 views)
File Type: jpg IS300sub 045.jpg (101.2 KB, 3397 views)
File Type: jpg IS300sub 049.jpg (62.0 KB, 3503 views)
Old 11-19-2010   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 140 TXwrxWagon will become famous soon enoughTXwrxWagon will become famous soon enoughTXwrxWagon will become famous soon enoughTXwrxWagon will become famous soon enoughTXwrxWagon will become famous soon enoughTXwrxWagon will become famous soon enough

^^ are those Whispers? TB? What "array" is that?

any pics of the speakers before install? what kind of car?

Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazit08 View Post
Hmm, i don't know but this arrogant jack-ass (txwrxwagon) is giving me a headache. Do you have a life? Do you just like looking like a immature non helpful dick-head?
Nope... Just to help debunk some of the stupidity of DIYMA..
TXwrxWagon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2010   #18

Rep Power: 160 cheesehead will become famous soon enoughcheesehead will become famous soon enoughcheesehead will become famous soon enoughcheesehead will become famous soon enoughcheesehead will become famous soon enoughcheesehead will become famous soon enough

me likey ^^^

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence. -Vince Lombardi
cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2010   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 106 illcrx will become famous soon enoughillcrx will become famous soon enoughillcrx will become famous soon enoughillcrx will become famous soon enoughillcrx will become famous soon enoughillcrx will become famous soon enough

Heres my recent install, still under construction.

I decided to not go with a pillar install because I like this look though the soundstage may be a little narrower than if I did a pillar install I like it though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dash Pod Passenger up close.jpg (140.2 KB, 1905 views)
illcrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2010   #20
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 107 s1monxsayz will become famous soon enoughs1monxsayz will become famous soon enoughs1monxsayz will become famous soon enoughs1monxsayz will become famous soon enoughs1monxsayz will become famous soon enoughs1monxsayz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [mikamouse] View Post
very nice install pusko! woot woot!

salami, as you requested, Doing-It-Yourself + friends

frontstage are Hertz MLK165 (running passives) + HL70 midrange (active)
substage: Hertz HX300

That is nice, I got the hsk 165 xl running right now. I'm trying to add a HL 70 too. Your set up is exactly what i'm trying to do.
s1monxsayz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2010   #21
Upgrade Your Membership!

Diyma Ninja

Whispers. I followed the "Whispers in my pillar" thread and did what Jeff was talking about. They cross to a tweeter in the factory locations in the sail panel.

I dunno if I have any pictures of the speakers prior to installation, but there are some on the Madisound site and Linkwitz's site.

Car is a 2001 Lexus IS300.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXwrxWagon View Post
^^ are those Whispers? TB? What "array" is that?

any pics of the speakers before install? what kind of car?

Rob
Old 11-20-2010   #22
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 187 bertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSyde View Post
So far loving minibox's pillars...

thank you!!
Minibox's pillars are fantastic - aesthetically pleasing and musically pleasing.

Winslow's whispers sounded incredible as well - completely stealth.

Pusko - I had saved down pictures from your build log - fantastic craftsmanship - attention to detail.

I'm interested in seeing additional install locations at the base of the pillars - may go this route in the future.

bertholomey is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2010   #23
Upgrade Your Membership!

Diyma Ninja

If I had a big set of er, you know...I would have done something larger in the corners of the dash facing up. But I couldn't make them look factory like I did the Whispers. And the last thing I want is someone walking past the car and seeing some speakers, then deciding they wanted whatever was in the car more than I did.
Old 11-20-2010   #24
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 133 derickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enough

Nothing to show off or be proud, but working on it!

My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
Mercedes Benz CLA 250, Pioneer P-99, IDQ12d4v3 Subwoofer, ... ID min Horns, 6.5" Midbass!
derickveliz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to derickveliz For This Useful Post:
GlasSman (07-27-2017)
Old 11-21-2010   #25
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 158 storm will become famous soon enoughstorm will become famous soon enoughstorm will become famous soon enoughstorm will become famous soon enoughstorm will become famous soon enoughstorm will become famous soon enough

derickveliz, your pods will turn out great

Pioneer Carrozzeria ODR / DLS Reference / Hybrid Audio L6-4SE-1Pro SE / ID Max
storm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement