DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking into getting a set of “truly wireless” earbuds to wear mostly at work and also be able to take phone calls without getting my phone dirty. I usually avoid Bluetooth stuff because I think Bluetooth is a horrible technology that still doesn’t work well but I can’t wear corded earbuds at work because they’ll get caught on stuff. I want something with good sound quality but I also want it to work and, unfortunately, it seems like the earbuds with the best sound quality have the most complaints of connectivity issues. I was originally going to get the Klipsch T5 until I read the reviews. Since I have an iPhone the AirPod Pro seems like the logical choice but I think they’re pretty expensive for all the reviews saying the sound quality isn’t anything to write home about. I think I’m narrowed down to the following:

Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless. Not the 2.0 version because I’m not looking to spend $300. I can find new marked down to $180 or so now on Amazon and such. Battery life isn’t the best and there are some complaints about connectivity but most of the reviews say these have the best sound quality.

Master and Dynamic MW07 Plus. These seemed to have good reviews overall most mentioning comfort issues. Expensive.

Beats Powerbeats Pro. These look like the tick everything I was looking for and have the most good reviews but there were complaints of comfort after wearing for a while. The hook does make me a little nervous but they definitely won’t fall out. Can’t see sunglasses being comfortable with them.

Jabra Elite Active 75t. These seem to be well regarded as well but since they just came out there are no deals so they’re currently more expensive than the Sennheiser.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Bluetooth generally works pretty good with Apple products and have for years as long as you don't try pairing them to old outdated or cheap technology. I've owned the previous Airpods and got the Pros when they came out. They are really, really nice and much more comfortable. I have no issues with connectivity or anything else, they just work, and sound pretty good. The noise canceling feature is a nice addition to have and I use it all of the time. The only drawback I see is if your using them for talking, i.e. taking a lot of phone calls, the battery will drain in a few hours. But for music or audio they last a long time and can easily and quickly be recharged using the included case. I have seen them go on sale for $225. In fact you can get them right now from Verizon with free ship.
Apple AirPods Pro | Verizon

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up bidding on and winning a used set of the Sennheiser MTW's on eBay for $140. I don't know if its the right or wrong choice but I guess we'll find out. I don't even know yet if I'm going to like the wireless earbuds or if they'll even stay in my ears reliably so I guess it's better to find out at $140 vs. $225. Hopefully with the used set they've been used and they work (unless the seller is a liar) so I guess that's something. The battery life of the buds themselves it at least the same as the Pros so hopefully they work reliably and if not I guess I'll resell them on eBay and buy something else.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far I’m very happy with them. They sound great and I’ve had no connections issues at all over the weekend doing yard work and the few days at work so far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts