DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
just another guy
345 Posts
Nothing yet guys...we really need to get these costs down before we can justify moving forward with them...sorry. We're still sitting like $90-100 retail pricing, and that's just too high for me to swallow. Trying to get them down to $75-80 at the highest. The shop we're working with is crazy busy, but they do amazing work, and they want to work with us...plus they are making sure that the metal, hardware AND plastic are all made in the US, so that's a nice bonus that we are going to have with this piece.

As soon as we have something, I'll be updating...hopefully by the end of the week I'll have more, but given the holiday it may be later.

·
just another guy
345 Posts
Waiting on the final prototype with changes to be sent to us, and with that will come the final pricing.

We made some cosmetic changes here and there and want to be sure of the product before we move forward.

·
just another guy
345 Posts
Got any teaser pics of the refined product?
Unfortunately, no we don't lol...even I haven't seen pics or renderings, and I'm the one who made the original CAD models lol!

They're not a whole lot different though...mainly minor things: switching from counterbores to countersinks in some places, brushed finish, slightly different hardware, changing from fillets to chamfers, etc.

ALSO! One thing that no one will 'see' is that ALL of the materials are from the USA! The hardware, raw aluminum and plastics are all made in the US from 100% USA sources...and they're made in the US! 100% Made in the USA.

This way we can avoid any issues with cheap hardware or our vendors skimping on anything.

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Looks like it wont happen
The units are too expensive to produce. If we wanted to make any real money on them we would have to sell them for over $100. Not sure they would sell
We are still looking in to it though but doubtful it will happen
ANT

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Have you considered overseas manufacturing?
Yeah, but we need to order 500 at a time.
Then we get them for around $40, however $20k is quite a large investement for something that might take a year or 2 to sell out of.

In business it is best to be able to turn inventory no longer than 90 days. Anything more than that and you are doing something wrong.

ANT

41 - 56 of 56 Posts