witch is the better power wire ???

·
Registered
898 Posts
Knu is the BEST

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had some, but think, KICKER are the best.
Other cables are ALUMINUM with copper. Kicker power wires are silver tinned REAL copper cables and not expensive.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
I'm not knocking knu though. They offer great deals.

IMO 9 times outta 10 you can find an industrial product that the same or just as good as many products made and marketed for car audio use.
Well, most of the time, industrial grade products are more superior than hobby use products...... Because industrial grade are using logical numbers on product spec, while hobby spec are more on "wah" spec, like a xx brand power cable are using 99.9999% OFC.....

Anyway, for people that will be buying accross the ocean, Knu's price are quite good(if were to buy certain lenght only)....

·
Registered
898 Posts
Here is the scoop:

Want bend ability up the a$$ and most expensive: Kicker

Want the second best bend ability and a higher strand count and cheaper/ best all around: KNU

Want the cheapest without bend ability (still bends well) then welding is the way to go.

I would never go Kicker. Why? Bend is beyond what you need in a car and I want a higher strand count. That leaves KNU and welding. I still buy KNU since it has ALL the parts I need for my audio system RIGHT there.

YOU DECIDE!

·
Banned
2,895 Posts
Here is the scoop:

Want bend ability up the a$$ and most expensive: Kicker

Want the second best bend ability and a higher strand count and cheaper/ best all around: KNU

Want the cheapest without bend ability (still bends well) then welding is the way to go.

I would never go Kicker. Why? Bend is beyond what you need in a car and I want a higher strand count. That leaves KNU and welding. I still buy KNU since it has ALL the parts I need for my audio system RIGHT there.

YOU DECIDE!
The welding wire I bought is just as flexible as anything I've ever seen. But the fleks is the only OFC wire they have and $187+shipping for 50ft. is almost twice the price of my OFC welding cable for $50 for 20ft.

Knu is definitely a one stop shop though. That's makes things pretty easy.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Support a sponsor of the site. Shok Industries power wire is by far the best, as it is pure copper, not tinned/plated.

Welding cable will most likely be cheaper, and you can get 1/0 or 2/0 easily for less than $100, and will be just as good or probably better, as it is also pure OFC, untinned.

Knu/Kicker/Stinger are all the same thing, just get the one you like the most... I personally use Knu 4 gauge and it's one of the better 4 gauges out there. It's more like a 3-gauge wire according to some people, and I find that easy to believe as it's hard to get into some stuff that is meant to have 4 gauge wire put in.

TL;DR: Welding Cable is the best option, cheap and it's pure copper. It's pretty flexible but don't expect noodle flex. Shok Industries is basically welding cable with an even higher strand count, which makes it SUPER flexible (you can make pretzels with 1/2" thick wire...). Kicker, Knu, Fosgate, JL, StreetWires, etc just get the one that's the cheapest, which will be more expensive than either of the above.

·
Registered
898 Posts
You just made it the worst wire there is. Untinned copper oxidizes and its considered dead.

Knu,Kicker, Stinger is NOT THE SAME IN ANY WAY. STINGER IS HORSE $HIT! Plain and simple. Knu is more of a 3 gauge then a 4 gauge.

All the cables are pure copper! Higher strand count DOESN'T make it more flexible. All about the gauge of wire used and the strands of it. KNU and Kicker are on a different level. I went KNU since it has a bigger core then Kicker.

Wire Comparison

As I posted above, UP TO YOU WHAT YOU WANT, I posted all the info you need to make your decision. Don't listen to the guy above!

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
not sure if someone pointed it out but that wire is copper clad alum. for those saying go welding cable if you want some i have 50' for sale of 2/0 for 150 shipped.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts