DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is andrew Ive just bought (lastnight) a 00 Honda accord and already started hacking it lol. Car has only had 2 owner's second of which owned it for 3 months till i bought it, Pulled car fax was in 2 accidents no big deals seems to be fixed right and was years ago 7+, i have a love for car audio but have never took it to a level above, electrical tape. and wood screws and a decent, subs 2 amps and a nice head unit. never done anything in the right fashion if u will. well that's to change with this one. I have never heard a (sq) system nore a active system mind u. but i do a lot of reading and want to go active with this car, on a rockford3sixity.3, first let me slow down and show pics. then we can go from there :D

This is the car.

This is the things i found so far and have started tearing apart

This was after 5 minutes of cutting out all his stuff

This is the pile i pulled out of the dash/under panels
still pulling lol

This car had the usal no dash lights issue with the accord so i had to pull the speedo to check the multiplex computer, This is what i found :(
so ya whole interior will be ripped out and cleaned EW!

and this was wood screwed to the cubby hole with the rca's running under the side of the dash looks like a nice piece might keep it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought so as well i only payed 2500$ for the car with 164k on it,
I looked up the eq they have them listed on ebay for 200.

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
We'll if you are going active then I would advise you to sell as much as you can off of the car audio wise via EBay and Craiglist. Even if you end up getting a couple of hundred, it still puts less out of your pocket.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We'll if you are going active then I would advise you to sell as much as you can off of the car audio wise via EBay and Craiglist. Even if you end up getting a couple of hundred, it still puts less out of your pocket.
I would love to but i have plans to use this piece in the girls car, with Rockford 5 channel, Ive still got so much decision making to do its not even funny lol.

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Best bet is to look up as many active builds done in your type of car as possible. Whatever you've planned for a budget, double it. That's just keeping it on the safe side and not raping your wallet lol.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Best bet is to look up as many active builds done in your type of car as possible. Whatever you've planned for a budget, double it. That's just keeping it on the safe side and not raping your wallet lol.
Ive seen people go hard with 4000$ amps lol, And ive seen people use 20$ a piece speakers off partexpress.com there are so many directions u can go lol.

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Do what works for you and be happy with the outcome. Most of us are chasing dreams that we may not be able to achieve. Currently I am very happy with my system, yet if I had stopped dollars ago, I still would have been happy.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do what works for you and be happy with the outcome. Most of us are chasing dreams that we may not be able to achieve. Currently I am very happy with my system, yet if I had stopped dollars ago, I still would have been happy.
All i actually know so far is
1. i want 2-4 amps
2. i like the phoniex gold ti2 series
3. 1-2 subs 8-10 inches
3. pioneers 80prs, even tho i will be using external processing, I actually dont know why im sticking with the headunit and a prcoessor seems like i could go else where for headunit but 80prs is top notch on the market right now. (imo)
4. all sky high car audio wiring
5. and want to get deep into tuning (rta) and such.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks- and you don't have to spend a ton to make a great sounding car.

I defiantly think u don't either, its just picking and choosing equipment. Not only that actually taking the time to sit down and play/work with the components u choose the more time u take it always sounds better. im hoping that a processor will give me the kind of control ive always wanted and never had.
But i trust the diy members more then myself so i will be asking for several opinions.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Progress of the day, Finished ripping up previous owners wiring, old alarm, (no fob), 2 crossovers,4 tweeters, home audio speaker cable, power wire ran thru fender through door jamb, and all remote wire, also founds mounds of ashes. terminated all cut wires with heat shrink till time of repair. i work at a junkyard so i got new a pillars and b pillars to replace the one with holes dripped in them. also got new OEM radio harness to extend/replace cut up one, and i will terminate all oem speaker wires at both end, and leave in factory sleeving. And tuck those away.

·
5,216 Posts
Car looks clean on the outside, but how did so much dirt get behind the dash face? My 99' had some dust back there and that was about it. BTW, I paid $2,900 for my 4cyl 4-door with a recently rebuilt auto trans at 165K. Been a good car till now and at 210K.

The door openings suck on these cars. 2.75" depth speaker with 5/8" baffle is nearing the limits.

For tweeters the OEM location like turbo5upra has used or as I have with the sail panels are your main options. I was happy using the OEM locations I just wanted to try the sails.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Car looks clean on the outside, but how did so much dirt get behind the dash face? My 99' had some dust back there and that was about it. BTW, I paid $2,900 for my 4cyl 4-door with a recently rebuilt auto trans at 165K. Been a good car till now and at 210K.

The door openings suck on these cars. 2.75" depth speaker with 5/8" baffle is nearing the limits.

For tweeters the OEM location like turbo5upra has used or as I have with the sail panels are your main options. I was happy using the OEM locations I just wanted to try the sails.
happen to recall the pro's and con's of both placements?

·
5,216 Posts
The problem is that I changed the tweeters I was using when changing location.

This is just from memory, not from testing: I felt the sound from the OEM location was just as good and coherent, but the sails do sound a little more wide. I have a feeling I need to do some gain adjustment since it does place the driver side tweeter pretty close to my ear.

I realize this is probably not helpful, but it's not too hard to get some Velcro and extend the wire to try it. I'll try it again next week.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

It is pretty dusty under the dash and such, But i wish everything pictured was dust 90% of it is cigarette ashes PILES AND PILES, 13 year original owner and installer of this system ( i assume) was a heavy smoker lol.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts