DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,
It's an old Screw. Everything was ganked about 2 weeks ago - so I get to start again. Previous setup was a simple stock location re-fit. Quart QM 160's all around. Alpine juice. I need it to last a few more years. I don't mind swapping drivers around, but I need to get placement settled right out of the gate.

Priorities / Goals:
SQ at driver seat. Everyone else in the truck can just get over it.
Durability - It sees it's share of off-road time, some dust, temp extremes.
Versatility - I want to open all the doors up and play music for hours while we're camping, and still be able to start it.

Here's what I have:
KDC-X794, Sirius, Bluetooth
Alpine 150.2 w/ custom tube output stages.
Custom mono amp.

Mid/Mid Bass:
Usher 7" 8945A, Usher 8" 8955A, Vifa 5" paper, Seas 5.5" H1216, Seas 7" H1224, Seas 7" E0018, Fostex 3" FE83en, Quart QM 160, Scan Speak 18W/8546 Kevlar, Scan Speak 18W/8535, Seas H1353 Coax

Tweeters:
Usher 9950C, Hiquphon OWI, Quart QM 160 separates (two pair), BG Neo 3 PDR, BG Neo 8 PDR, Seas H1212, Scan Speak 9900

Subs:
Peerless XLS 10, XLS 12 (passive), Vifa vifa 26WA550/4

What I'm thinking:
Hiquphon low in the A pillar on axis (on some undetermined tube loveliness)
Seas H1216 higher in the door
Usher (2x) 8945 low in door
Peerless 10/12 passive under back seat OR on the trans hump up front.
No rear fill.
prudent amounts of RAAMat, et al.

Whatcha think?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Alright, 'just ordered all the RAAM Mat that will possibly stick to my truck.

I did make a few more measurements, and I think I'm just going to design a Hiquphon/Seas 2-way in an EBS alignment - ported in their own door pods, on-axis. Looks as though a door panel re-build is imminent. This 2-way looks fantastic to around 50Hz, where it rolls off pretty quickly. No accounting for cabin gain in LSP Cad, though. I'm hoping the bass extension in the doors will reduce localization of the sub, which almost HAS to go under the back seat, at this point.

Gotta go source some power cable.

-Eric

EDIT: Just got confirmation from RAAM Mat - 'stuff went out today and he hooked me up!!! I gotta say, if everyone did business like Rick, the world would be a better place.

-E

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, who's using the Hiquphon? Off axis looks killer, but location... sails? Top of door?

Anyone?

-E

·
Registered
2,502 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate that, Cruzer. I guess I should start a new build thread? Not certain of forum decorum here. This is going to happen starting tomorrow and through the weekend. It'd be cool to only have to redo it 2 or 3 times.

Eric

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
do you already have everything?

or do you just have the sound deadner?

u can at least go ahead and show us your work with it, and the vehicle your working with.

being a truck it would be nice to see you doing the doors as i really need to do mine lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll get to pix when I strip it, tomorrow, for sure. I have all of the the drivers, new HU, an Alpine 2.150 and the mat.
-E

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
what mid bass did u go with?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure. I think the Usher 8". I'd like to think I'd get away with the Vifa 10's, but I just don't see that kind of box volume in the doors.

So we have the Hiq, Seas 5.5 and an Usher 8". Then the Peerless sub.

-E

1 - 10 of 10 Posts