DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up, im putting a new system in my 02 SE-R. i know alot of people dont like elemental designs, but im using them for this setup. so dont flame me please. im not a "follower" of them, but i was recommended them by someone, and couldnt beat the prices. ok, now that thats over....

list of components....

infinity kappa 6.5" components up front.
infinity kappa 6.5" 3-ways in the back
infinity reference amp for the front stage (75x4 RMS??)
(2) elemental designs NINe.1's for the subs
(2) elemental designs 13Av.2 subwoofers
clarion vrx925vd H/U
Knu-Koncept Wiring for everything
power acoustic 10 farad cap.

some other things.....
(near future) excessive amperage amp (200 amps)
second skin sound deadener

i am in iraq right now, and my cousin is doing this build for me, im the cash source for the project haha. i will get some pictures up as soon as i can. right now my car is also getting a new engine, wheels, tires, clutch, new grille, amongst other various things. any tips would be greatly appreciated, as im kinda new to this. thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stay away from the precats w/the new engine....:)
precats GONE and butterfly screws loc-tited in... learned my lesson with that one already
we are waaiting on my motor, everything should start kickin off around 1 august.
(payday- w00t)
sorry to keep everyone waiting, i wanna get this show on the road too. :D

·
Registered
166 Posts
It's a good start! We're all interested in seeing how this comes together.

·
Registered
9 Posts
two questions:

a) what kind of motor work are you doing? built QR+forced induction of some sort or will you being going 'whole hog' and dropping in one of those nice VQ35s?

b) what is up with the 10 farad cap? is that really necessary?

nissans are notorious for having crappy electrical systems, make sure your cousin does the big three tambien.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK! some progress (finally). got the second skin. arrived at my door two days after ordering! got 80 sq feet of the stuff. my cousin got the components and rear deck 3-ways installed. got alot of the sound deadener in too. doors, and rear deck, trunk also. ran into a problem though with the subs. i was told it is going to be very difficult to give each sub the 2 cubic feet they need. i dont think ill be able to fit both in my trunk. did some brainstorming... and i came up with an idea. what if- BIG what if here- i took the rear seat out, and made the hole there the face for my subs? like have both subs coming from the trunk facing towards the front? i dont know if i want to do this, because i will lose the functionability of my back seat... in a four door car, that would be kind of wierd. plus there would always be that one time when i would try to put something/someone back there and possibly mess up my subs...i dont know what to do.
anyway, here are some pictures....

oh yeah, im getting a new qr25 motor. same stock spec motor. the last BRAND NEW motor i had screwed up because the screws from the butterflys sucked into the motor. frickin awesome...oh and nissan wouldnt honor the warranty on the BRAND NEW motor for some stupid reason. im not doing any F/I on it, as i just added about 150 lbs to the trunk, and i dont want to blow up my motor. again. ha ha

as for the CAP, i didnt know what to get, and it was only like 80 bucks or so. they had like 30 and 40 farad ones, i dont even know what a farad is, and no one could answer my questin at the time so i just said screw it and bought it.

any ideas on what i should do with this sub problem would be greatly appreciated.
also wanted to thank second skin for such timely service. and a great product too.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Cool!
1st and foremost, I hope you make it home safe from Iraq! God bless you for your service.

Question about the kappa's... Interesting choice.. from those other pics it appears you've had your hands on some "higher-end" speaks.. Not knocking the kappa's but was just wondering your decision making for those? budget, etc.. just wanna try? The .9's you have appear to be much improved. I had an OOOOLD set in my last car, and though many claim "bleeding ear-drums", they were eh ok but great value for the price. The new ones also maybe a good budget comp ya think?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cool!
1st and foremost, I hope you make it home safe from Iraq! God bless you for your service.

Question about the kappa's... Interesting choice.. from those other pics it appears you've had your hands on some "higher-end" speaks.. Not knocking the kappa's but was just wondering your decision making for those? budget, etc.. just wanna try? The .9's you have appear to be much improved. I had an OOOOLD set in my last car, and though many claim "bleeding ear-drums", they were eh ok but great value for the price. The new ones also maybe a good budget comp ya think?
thank you for your support!!!

now down to business... :D
i kind of just eenie meeie miney moed to the kappas. budget was a small factor, i didnt want to pay 900 dollars for a set of speakers.. haha
i dont reeally know much about car audio, and im not going to pretend i do. :)
infinity is a tried and true brand, and i have heard them in various systems, and they always sounded pretty good.
by the way, more pics to come, internet screwed up on me while i was posting them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts