DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this truck about 5 months ago. I always loved the looks of these trucks when they first came out and I always wanted one. Just looking to do a simple update to this one. I don't want to modify anything that can't be returned back to stock. Don't want to cut anything if possible.
I got to listen to several trucks at Freeze Fest a week ago and was shown, if done right, full size trucks can sound VERY nice.

Here's a list of the some things I've got so far:

Pioneer DEH-P800PRS head unit
JL Audio HD900/5 amp
Pioneer TS-C720PRS speakers
JBL GTO 1022 10"sub
Power, ground and speaker wire - all JL Audio
Stinger 3000 series RCA

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
I see you are off to a strong start, are you going to run four channels and suboffof the JL? Or are you bridging to channels to the subs and two to your fronts?

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now will this be wrapped in matching leather, or cloth?
Black vinyl with black carpet sides. Vinyl matches really close. I'm embarrased to show pics of it. It looks horrible. I have never wrapped a box before and it shows. I think I have a way to make it look better but haven't had a chance to try it yet.

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
No worries as we all had to start somewhere lol. The best part is that you have the truck that you have always wanted, and it looks to be in great shape. Have fun with it is the key.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My thoughts were to not use the passive crossovers and use the front channel on the amp for the mids, the rear for the tweets and the sub off the 5th channel. Do all the processing in the headunit.
Those pioneer components sound so good active and can handle more power then rated when active and tuned correctly. I had a similar set up in my mazda Speed Protege with a premier 880 with hertz components active before i got my 08 TL. nice equipment by the way

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Nice to see some more older F150s. Im currently working on my 98 F150. Nice choice on the comps. I agree that you will really love them active.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice to see some more older F150s. Im currently working on my 98 F150. Nice choice on the comps. I agree that you will really love them active.
I have seen the write up on your truck. Nice job. It hurts to think of the cost of all that sound deadening. I am going to have to do mine in stages or save up a while to do it all at once.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I was able to find a guy local that had the 3 rolls of Raammat and Ensolite. I got it all for $125. Just keep ur eyes open for great deals. It definitely helped the truck alot. And I did mine small steps at a time. There are links on here about deadening. 25% coverage works. Mine is overkill but I had the materials. Deadening the doors could be your first step. My Focal mids do great in the doors and those Pioneers should also. Good luck with this build and again... Nice truck.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Really like how the sub/amp console turned out. Great job! I miss having a down-firing sub setup in my truck.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Nice truck! You got the audio covered, now it needs a smaller blower pulley, cold air intake, exhaust and a tune.
I had a 2003 Lightning that I loved. A tune and a blower pulley made a huge difference.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts