DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can stick a sub under the center console of a 99-06 (silverado,tahoe,yukon,...)? I am trying to get some bass in the truck, absolutely nothing at the moment.

If so, does it require a fiberglass box?
What sub?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Jl audio makes a stealth box that fits inside the stock center console. Or you can build your own center console like I did. Where at in texas are you?

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I have the jl stealthbox in mine and like it quite a bit. Just be ready to hack up inside of console for it to fit

·
Registered
325 Posts
North of Dallas, Allen to be exact.

You have any pics
Actually I do. And Actually its for sale lol.

Its on DFW craiglist if your interested.

Those are your 2 main options for adding bass upfront. But it depends on how much bass your looking for. it wouldnt be too hard to build a box for a single 8 inside the stock console. if you want more than that then you go with the stealth box. and if you want even more then you get my console! lol

·
Registered
325 Posts
Damn that looks good. Have you shown me that before Yukon?
I think I have, Could be wrong though. Thanks alot. I am really excited with how it turned out. It sounds great too. That little RE 10 can get down pretty good.

1.25 cu.ft. after displacements, tuned to 30hz with a RE Audio SEX10d2.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually I do. And Actually its for sale lol.

Those are your 2 main options for adding bass upfront. But it depends on how much bass your looking for. it wouldnt be too hard to build a box for a single 8 inside the stock console. if you want more than that then you go with the stealth box. and if you want even more then you get my console! lol
I think I will try the homemade box with an 8" sub. Any recommendations for a 8" sub, no more than $150.

What size box do you think would fit? ft^3, mounting depth etc.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Should be able to get .3-.4 fairly easy once you remove the stock bose sub and amp from under there. I think Mounting depth may be an issue though. You might see if you cant fire the sub forward.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Id agree. Firing forward could be an issue with all of the obstacles underneath there. Downfiring imo is the best option for in there. Also I am wanting to say the stealthbox is about .5 cubes but could be wrong? Somebody correct me if im wrong.

There is a Dayton audio sub I plan on buying soon that works perfect in approximately .5 cubes and only costs 120 bucks shipped :eek:

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Id agree. Firing forward could be an issue with all of the obstacles underneath there. Downfiring imo is the best option for in there. Also I am wanting to say the stealthbox is about .5 cubes but could be wrong? Somebody correct me if im wrong.

There is a Dayton audio sub I plan on buying soon that works perfect in approximately .5 cubes and only costs 120 bucks shipped :eek:
I saw a couple of different ones online, which one are you referring too?

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts