DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive had a subwoofer in my car for about the past 6 months but ive always wanted to build a custom box for it. but being away at college ive never had the time or space to build. Well about 2 months ago I broke my back biking and have been recovering back home. This past weekend I was feeling up to starting my build so i purchased wood and got building. I hope people like my build and give me some advice as I work through the build. also it will be a long build, as I still recovering from my injury

The reason behind the parts ive chosen? all very inexpensive

Parts list:
Subwoofer - Alpine type s 10"
Amp - Pioneer something?
Headunit - Alpine ida-x200
Front speakers - Clarion SRG1621R
Tweeters - Clarion SRQ212H
Capacitor Stinger SPC122

Plans:
- Custom Amp rack
- Custom Subwoofer Box
- Ipod cable integration
- Tweeter pods
- Front speaker grills
- In-dash gauges

So far ive finished the ipod cable intergration plan i had, aswell as this past weekend I built the amp rack.

Heres the usb iPod cable i moulded near the shift knob

Heres the amp rack, il get better pictures soon, aswell as i plan on carpeting it still and the amp is the right way up now

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@cnut334 yea it is, but i ran out and had to use 2 pieces on the shifter, so il be re-doing it once i get more.

So today i had an early birthday present get deliverd. everything i need to finish the build :)

I also started the sub box and just need to do the fiberglass part of the box to finish it. hopefully tomorrow il be able to finish it if everything goes well

i was able to start my custom dash insert that has a volt meter and bass volume control. i also added a switch to turn the volt meter on or off. hopefully you can see how i wired everything at the back, basicly just drilled holes through the rear pocket. Also the door to that compartment broke off months ago.

Re-wired everything to the trunk, and added twist ties about every foot

little dusty? haha

Tomorrow i will hopefully finish the sub box, and install the front speakers. I hopefully will be done by friday, if not for sure sometime next week.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So ive been busy latley having to go to the hospital, and my birthday is tomorrow, so ive needed the car latley. im going to wait untill next week to finish the sub box since il have more time. for now heres how the trunk looks

I was able to install both front speakers, il get more pictures later
i used 2 way foam tape between the mdf and the car door. it eliminated any rattle the speaker had before.

and as for the tweeters, i made both tweeter pods, but they took alot longer then i had hoped. also getting the carbon fibre wrap around them was hell, took me 3 trys for the first one and over an hour, but i think it was worth it.

Im going to finish the doors today and then all il have left is finishing the sub box and installing the cap next week.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Nice, I used to own a 2004 Corolla, I miss so much. Great cars!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So heres the last post for awhile, im going to be getting a new 12" JL Audio W3v3. and amp, I will be building the box around the new sub but untill then no more building.

as for the tweeters their all done and in the car, i love the look and sound of them. Very happy with the end result
Drivers Side

Passengers Side

As for the Door speakers im somewhat half done the door panels. Probably only need 2 more coats of bondo/sanding but im just waiting for a nice weekend when im not busy to finish them, for now they are fine.

Here you can see better what i still need to do. and I need to find some other type of paint.

As for the dash I am finally finished, heres the final results

Overall inside view

1 - 7 of 7 Posts