DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw an ad for the new 9856 and guess what's missing.....

GLIDE TOUCH!!!

Now people can quit bitching and go back to sucking alpine's........

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
whoa where did you get that from?

is there a new h701 processor? new d310 ? details please :)

but it looks like no biolite so that seems odd??

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow....it's weird to be the first with something. It's just a snippet in the new car audio mag. Probably won't be much else until after ces. I want to see new alpine and new tru. I can't wait.

·
Registered
605 Posts
BBE in the lower right, no Biolite, 2in1 buttons...this appears to be a lower model in the swingface line. It's cool to see HD radio in the cheaper units though. :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Either that or maybe they just decided to give the buyer an opportunity to put his money toward functionality instead of bling.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Jim85IROC said:
Either that or maybe they just decided to give the buyer an opportunity to put his money toward functionality instead of bling.
I disagree... the biolite display is very functional in my opinion... it's much easier to read/see than the others... not bling at all...

·
Registered
524 Posts
300Z said:
I disagree... the biolite display is very functional in my opinion... it's much easier to read/see than the others... not bling at all...
x2

I thought my 7998's display was a gimmick until I used it. Now I am attached to the biolite...

·
Registered
415 Posts
Finleyville said:
x2

I thought my 7998's display was a gimmick until I used it. Now I am attached to the biolite...
x3

·
Registered
578 Posts
I had the 9815 & now the 9835. While the 9815 display was very nice, the bio-lite just fits more on the screen & it is all very legible. And the Graphical GUI for the xOver & PEQ does a much better job giving you a visual anyone can understand...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Guys, I bought the new Car Audio magazine last night. On the page opposite the picture posted above was a full page Alpine ad. At the bottom of that add, was a head unit WITH the biolite. I had a hard time making out the numbers, but it looked like it was CDA-9956. They also had a web address that I unfortunately forgot to write down, but it was different than the normal Alpine site, so it may have some additional info. If anybody has the magazine in front of them, look at that ad and post the URL.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Jim85IROC said:
Yeah, BBE is a lot more functional than BassEnginePro. :p ;) :) My only point was that this wasn't the level of deck that would have glidetouch anyways. I do hope glidetouch is gone, but this deck wouldn't prove it anyways.

Did the 9956 have glidetouch?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just checked out the site. Don't waste your time. It only says:

Alpine Full Speed Connection for iPod® Coming Soon

let me scan that pic real fast though

1 - 20 of 24 Posts