DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 425 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
500 hp is nothing without quality sound to go with it. After the success of the X3 build Mark Worrel did for me at Acoustic Images I decided he had the ability to make a car this beautiful look even better. Our primary goals were stealth and SQ with more emphasis on the latter. The install still has at least a few weeks left and I don't have all the pics uploaded yet but I'll post the ones I currently have.

System Diagram:

Mark added a nice contour in the door panels to follow the stock curve in the upper section of the door. It's hard to see in the pics but up close the quality and attention to detail are evident. These will be wrapped in matching trim and the thesis grills will be mounted.

When I told Mark and Bryan that I wanted the car to be tomb-like they took me quite literally and went crazy with the second skin. I don't dare say the gaudy number of layers on just the doors. More pics of this to come.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Beautiful.. love the doors and the pillars.

This is the Australian distributors Thesis car, just for some inspiration. THESIS VW Jetta

I was very impressed with how good it sounds.
I hadn't seen that build before, thanks for the link!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Just a thought, but I'd be worried about running my mids and highs from the same power supply that I am running my subs from.
That's a good point. We picked the 3.1k's because we wanted class A for the 3's and tweets.

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
That's a good point. We picked the 3.1k's because we wanted A class for the 3's and tweets.
I imagine there would only be an issue if you severely clip the sub channel, which I doubt you will be able to do since you have 50% more power then the continuous rating of the driver. The sub will probably get overdriven into audible distortion before you bring the power supply to its knees.

·
11,394 Posts
I was under the impression the sub channels on those amps had their own power supply.

Plus Mark is the man! Helluva great installer and even better person. Bastard still needs to weld for me though...lol.

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
That's a good point. We picked the 3.1k's because we wanted class A for the 3's and tweets.
Front channels aren't class A. FYI ;)

·
Registered
566 Posts
cant wait for this one

Beautiful.. love the doors and the pillars.

This is the Australian distributors Thesis car, just for some inspiration. THESIS VW Jetta

I was very impressed with how good it sounds.
that was a little bit of a letdown.... i was hoping for more visually

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Yeah, I'd like to see the pic of that production MoBridge DA1000...

Also, since according to MoBridge the BMW HU won't output analog and MOST at the same time, and the according to audison the bitone needs both at the same time for digital to work properly, you need the DA2000, yes?

·
142 fastest gun in town
483 Posts
Any plans to be in a car show, sema etc in the U.S.?

1 - 20 of 425 Posts