DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, Audi didn't pan out like I wanted it to, so decided to dab into build a system in my titan.

So far things I know:
front doors are 6x9s (according to Crutchfield)
tweeters on the dash
8" sub under the driver seat
6.5" in the rear doors.
center channel speaker

What I have to work with:
JDM P9 Combo w/ changer
(3) SS Ref 300
(2) SS Ref 200
(2) Memphis MC300
wide range of speakers mostly Beyma
(2) 10s
(2) 6.5s
(2) 3" Dome mids
(2) tweeters)
(1) 12

I've ran into one issue, what ever I build will need to be sturdy and rugged. I have a 3yr German Shepherd that likes to go for rides..

So based on a few trucks I've seen here, looking at 3" midrange (not the dome) and tweeter on the dash. Maybe an 8 in the door (with some work) and some how figure out how to get to keep some room under the rear seat and adding some sub bass.. The amps, I'm considering building a rack to mount up to the roof (need to look at the cooling of them) along with the Processor..

I've looked at rebuilding the center console to include a single 10 but sure how it would work..

Not really looking at competing again but would definitely like to build something that would be competitive if I get a wild hair.. But really just to enjoy some tunes and maintain room for when I go for a spin with my dog or when I go camping.

BTW, I listen to everything except Metal, Country, Punk.

open to suggestions..

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a few members on here that have mounted their amps on the roof. Build a metal rack and secure to existing points on the roof or sides and then mount amps.. Secure with good quality hardware..

·
Registered
93 Posts
Amps in the roof is OK with proper mounting. They look good also.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, might have to nix the roof rack, side airbags might be a problem..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts