DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's something I started over the weekend. Finally getting some good weather so it's time to get to work! :)

If there's one thing I've picked up from Bing and all of the other fantastic installers here is that I've never taken enough "build" photos in the past! Hopefully I can remeber to do so from now on. :blush:

So here's what we're starting with

This has become one of my favorite little tools. Getting the angle for the rear of the enclosure.

I decided to use the cargo strap mount thing-a-ma-bob as the ancor points for the enclosure.

I made a quick cardboard template to align the mounting bolt with the enclosure.

My little helper in case I forget where to drill the hole! :p

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is going to be a vented enclosure for a single JL 12w7. The box is about as shallow as can be and I knew getting the port fo fit was going to be a little tricky. here you'll see that about a third of the total port length resides inside the enclosure, then exits through the bottom and back towards and beyond the front baffle. Later you'll see where I'm going with this port. Shhhh.... it's a secret ;)

My little helper is back... in case I fogot where I left off :rolleyes:

A good view of the port design here

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know this is the old school way of doing this, but it's still my favorite and if there's cardboard around... it's mine! :po:

Getting ready for some glass

I wanted to glass in the edges instead of just straight adjacent panels to give it a nice "hugged" in look

And that's as far as I got for the weekend. Hopefully more to come in about a week!

·
Registered
363 Posts
very interested in this as well

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So naturally I forgot my camera the other day. Then the memory card the day after. What a meatball :mad: Everything is pretty much self explainitory though. The only pics missing would be some bondo then sanding, then bondo and more sanding, and more bondo and sanding and more bondo and sanding.. well you get the picture :rolleyes:

Everything in gray primer will be color matched to the car (dark gray/pearl)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts