DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't get what I'm lacking. The customer wants better sound doesn't want to modify anything. If your familiar with bmw's you would know that there isn't much you can do without modifying anything. I was curious if what he showed me is an improvement to stock or if anyone has had experience with these. Thanks for your input but I don't think I was necessary.

·
2,103 Posts
Go with the jehnert flatline option and a 2 channel, I think they'll work on the 08 5er. The bsw stuff is a slight upgrade, but from what I've been told by many sources, the company is a pile of ... to work with.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the Jehnert set in my 08 5 series and I can attest that they rock! Crisp, clear, tight authoritative bass. It's a no brainer.
Have not changed amps yet, just drivers so far. Many people may just be content with that as it is fairly simple to install. All the drivers are pre fitted, so no cutting or fabrication needed. Just straight swap out.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the Jehnert set in my 08 5 series and I can attest that they rock! Crisp, clear, tight authoritative bass. It's a no brainer.
Have not changed amps yet, just drivers so far. Many people may just be content with that as it is fairly simple to install. All the drivers are pre fitted, so no cutting or fabrication needed. Just straight swap out.
Hi, where did you order yours from? I'm having a heck of a time finding them locally.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
I'd go the Jehnerts-a very competently designed system and a perfect up-grade for all but the keanest ears(those that would go the whole hog). Oddles of power handling, great impact and clarity.

The BSW gear I've not fitted into the later BMWs, but do have experience with their line for the E46 and their truely awful customer service-long story but I wouldn't touch them with a barge poll.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Anyone with an experience of Gladen Audio One X? I'm thinking of fitting this into my BMW E60 as its a direct replacement, but still skeptical on how's the improvement would be; as I understand that the OEM amp (2channels) is just powering the 8'' woofer underneath the seat; while iDrives powers the rest of the midrange + tweeter.

Any experiences of using just stock amp and iDrive for the speaker replacement? Cheers

·
Registered
126 Posts
This is what I did

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/build-logs-project-install-gallery/120563-modest-upgrade-bmw-e60-525xi-06-a.html

Basically a good four inch + tweeter and 4-5 channel amp goes a long way.

Depending on budget you have an amp to run active or add a sub.
doing another system on another E60. Same principal as the above system but using a processor and running the underseat drivers mono with more power.

this time,

alpine PDX-5
Audison Bit one
running active to:
Focal 4w mid drivers
Boston Type M Tweeters

one option that I may consider is getting another amp and building pods for a set of HAT L6's I have lying around.

Living with my previous build of L3/Boston tweets was and still is a great modest upgrade. Hoping this new one will be even better with the bit one and better bass extension of the focal 4w's (down to 140Hz instead of 200Hz on the L3's).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts