DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my res Chrysler town and country radio has started to randomly shutdown. It stays off for random lengths of time and then comes back on. Anybody else have this issue or have any thoughts? Seems as though it was doing it more in the colder weather when the heat was on. Now I run the a/c and keep the car cooler and it’s not happening as much but it still does happen.
Are transistors or capacitors overheating and causing it or is there some sort of thermal fuse that blows and then resets?
Thanks for any input.
Jeff

·
Registered
560 Posts
Sounds like a loose or corroded connector or fuse. If you bang on your dash does it come on and off. Look in your owners manual and see where your radio fuse is. Pull it out and put it back in. Look for corrosion around where it plugs in? I could be wrong but it sounds like a loose connection.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've tried banging. Nothing helps. I will check the fuse. It's very random when and how it happens. No bad sound from speakers. Sounds great and then SNAP! loud electronic pop and it's dead.
I'll check the fuse.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I've tried banging. Nothing helps. I will check the fuse. It's very random when and how it happens. No bad sound from speakers. Sounds great and then SNAP! loud electronic pop and it's dead.

I'll check the fuse.
This will be absolutely no help at all.
The Chrysler company gremlins were installed in the head unit instead of the ECU.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my fuse box looks as clean as the day it rolled off the line. I pulled the fuse anyway and it's tight and still good. No corrosion either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts