DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my bud Andrea's '09 Polaris RZR-S she picked up last week.

Product to be installed:

Source unit-iPod 30g
ALPINE PDX-4.150
(2) ALPINE SPR-M700
SWS-1243D
(2) PAC line level control for volume and sub level
PAC iPod to RCA with charing for iPod
Optima Yellow top

I already have boxes made for the RZR that house a 10". She said 10's are for little boys and demanded a 12, so I put her to work and had her cut out the speaker ring and jig it up to the box. She did good so I had her weld the amp rack in and lay the glass foundation for the iPod mount.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Sorry to be a perv but she has a hell of a chest. Good work so far.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
are there any concerns putting a small box woofer intended to utilize the cabin gain of a car in a vehicle that has absolutely no cabin gain?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
are there any concerns putting a small box woofer intended to utilize the cabin gain of a car in a vehicle that has absolutely no cabin gain?
I've done several similiar installs (never with a 12 until now) There has been no issues and the sound is incredible.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
I used to service these things...I guarantee you there's no car that can do what these things can do in the offroad for under $60 grand, and even then they are smaller and more capable STOCK. If you put about $5000 in them in suspension and what-not, they are nearly unstoppable.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
but for 15 grand it better take my ass to work and back for years and years, every day, without fail.

·
Registered
3 Posts
$15k, that's £10k in real money - you get crap for that here. Cheap at twice the price.

Looks like it'll be an interesting system, keep the updates coming!

·
Registered
87 Posts
WOW! Don't tell me she is doing most of the work for you... HA! I wouldn't mind sitting back and just watching the build. Nice job!

-Matt

1 - 20 of 65 Posts