DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dayton 10" HF's came in today and I started going at it.

Wow I didn't really realize how big these things are! SOOO much bigger than the 7"ers I had in there... Looks like theirs room though :D

I have two choices
1) make it so the windows dont roll the last 4 inches or so down I can mount the things another 2 inches in the door and gives me plenty of airspace to work with
2)make the enclosure so it clears the window - this way it sticks out way more to the point my knee room is restricted a bit. way farther than I was expecting... I will also struggle to get .5 cu ft let alone the .7 cu ft I was shooting for.

#1 sounds better... has anyone modified their windows so they don't roll down all the way? or have an idea on how to do it?

·
Registered
578 Posts
This is FL... the humidity sucks & AC is your friend... besides... whose radio sounds better with the windows down anyways...

J/K... I agree that sacrificing the functionality of the window does suck.. but if going back to sqr1 is not an option... I'd opt for the leg room.

·
Registered
655 Posts
why don't you mount them in the rear? works great there. in the doors, it's going to rattle your doors like no tomorrow!

·
Registered
605 Posts
10" HF or 10" RS? If you're talking RS, then yeah the 10" is a lot bigger. Even the 8" dwarfs the 7". You wouldn't think it would, but it does.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its an infinity G20. I'll have to look into that washer trick, that might get me where I want to be. I rarely have my windows down, but on nice days it is nice to use the natural air... I try to keep em functional if I can

they'll be in sealed enclosures and I'm really going to try to isolate the enclosure from the door. I'm thinking it shouldn't be any worse than the noise issues I have now even if I wasn't planning on adding some more deadening. - I think most of issues I had are from air venting in places its shouldn't be. The design of my door just isn't the greatest for IB I think.

I may be able to cut a section of the glass off I guess as alternate. theres a line that shows me how much is exposed when rolled all the way up and I could cut a good sized section out below it. I wonder how much extended below the seal is nessasary...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts