DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,102 Posts
I modeled the standard SSD against the GCON, because I didn't have the full specs of the "SQ" version. Of the standard SSD and the GCON, I would take the GCON for your application.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yes the standard ssd doesn't look good at all for sealed. I have previously downloaded winlsd and am trying to get the rest of the updated specs so I can play around with it. Not that i really know what I'm doing lol.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I have pretty much decided on the gcon but out of curiosity I compared it to the sql12 stereo integrity in winisd and the sql barely has anymore output despite having more cone area and more xmax and similar sensitivity ratings am I doing something wrong or is the gcon just that good ?

·
Registered
614 Posts
In late... but are you sold on a sealed setup?

I had a 1999.5 A4 and had a very successful setup with a pair of JL Audio 8IB4 subs in infinite baffle. Worked great in conjunction with a pair of Dynaudio MW150s in the front doors and a pair of Parts Express tweeters (Dayton Audio ND28F-6) installed in the factory tweeter wells (trick: remove the faceplate and they mount right into the factory mount). Amplification was a McIntosh MC440... subs were actually on a bridged pair of 50 watt channels.

One of the best setups ever... the trunk on the B5 A4 seals really well, so it's great for IB setups...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I'm set on not giving up any of my trunk I often fold my seats down or use the ski pass so I'm only willing to use the space in the rear quarters behind the wheel well which pretty much leaves my only option as sealed.

·
Registered
6,584 Posts
If i was locked into a single 10, i would only be looking at the audiofrog GB10. It sounds great sealed or ported. I would prefer ported if you had the room.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts