DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been out of car audio for almost almost 15 years. Got the bug and it's snowballed, again.

I've got ~600wrms @2ohms on tap.
.70 cubic feet sealed fiberglass box
Depth may be an issue depending on the shape/width of magnet. With the current sub I stacked some spools of fishing leader line taped to the magnet (spot on width wise lol) and have 6 3/4" for depth. Current sub is an NVX VSW102v2. I don't hate it, but I'm sure other options will be much better.

Interested in sql. Subs I've been eyeing are:

SSA Demon
IA I series
Audiomobile Evo
Forum fav. Dayton HO.
Any others to look at?

I gave winisd a quick go to model but wasnt sure if I was doing it right and would hate to buy based on botched data.

· Registered
2,014 Posts
There's a BNIB Hertz Mille Pro (BNIB grille included) in the classified section for $380 shipped. Hard to beat that.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's a BNIB Hertz Mille Pro (BNIB grille included) in the classified section for $380 shipped. Hard to beat that.

I saw that actually, aside from the local shop being stocked with them I'd never heard of them before.

· Registered
374 Posts
I have the Dayton Audio RSS265HO-4 x 2 + 2 x RSS265-PR (passive radiator) , basically the same as a vented setup with slightly less output.
I really like it , very low distortion bass , no boominess , just tight clean bass , best bass I have had in my vehicle , so I can attest to the HO quality of bass reproduction.
The general consensus is the HO sounds best ported , some had it sealed but eventually moved to ported for more output.
But if ultimate output is not high on your list then sealed will produce high quality bass.

· Premium Member
2021 Tesla Model 3 SR+
162 Posts
I just put an Audiomobile EVO2410 with an MCAR passive radiator in a .7cf box and it’s amazing. Like has more output than my SQL-12 on the same amp. Running 700w at 2ohm to it. Doesn’t seem to dig as deep as the MCAR is tuned for like 34 hz, but man it bumps and is very controlled and clean sounding. My box is 24 x 14 x 6 externally.

· Registered
690 Posts
I have the Dayton Audio RSS265HO-4 x 2 + 2 x RSS265-PR (passive radiator) , basically the same as a vented setup with slightly less output.
I really like it , very low distortion bass , no boominess , just tight clean bass , best bass I have had in my vehicle , so I can attest to the HO quality of bass reproduction.
The general consensus is the HO sounds best ported , some had it sealed but eventually moved to ported for more output.
But if ultimate output is not high on your list then sealed will produce high quality bass.
As much as I love the HO-4 , OP has 600w @ 2ohm, prob 300w at 4ohm, so the HO not the best option. Unless of course he can fit two of them in the fiberglass box and double the power.
I have done ported, sealed, and now same as you, 2 HO, 2 PR in a double cab. Like you say, tight clean bass

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
As much as I love the HO-4 , OP has 600w @ 2ohm, prob 300w at 4ohm, so the HO not the best option. Unless of course he can fit two of them in the fiberglass box and double the power.
I have done ported, sealed, and now same as you, 2 HO, 2 PR in a double cab. Like you say, tight clean bass
I'm limited to a single sub based on the shape of the box. The widest part is where the sub is, it tapers down after that. Unless I can get away with a couple of 8" passive radiators and a single 10".

Image Dynamics IDQ10 might be a good one to look at. 5.81" mounting depth, 500w RMS, can be had for about $280 shipped.
I've always wanted ID but hearing about the downward slide on the recent V. Series made me question it.

GB10? Mounting depth is 6.25"
All I've read is good things aside from the cost.

· Registered
360 Posts
I've always wanted ID but hearing about the downward slide on the recent V. Series made me question it.

ID is still very good for the money. IDQ10 or ID10, Arc10 or EVO10. All like pretty small boxes. The Dayton 10HO is very, very good and what I'm currently using in my extra cab truck. I'm pushing it with 500 watts @ 4ohm and a .37 sealed box. Soooo clean..but maybe not the best option with your 600 @ 2 ohm though. It loves power.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

ID is still very good for the money. IDQ10 or ID10, Arc10 or EVO10. All like pretty small boxes. The Dayton 10HO is very, very good and what I'm currently using in my extra cab truck. I'm pushing it with 500 watts @ 4ohm and a .37 sealed box. Soooo clean..but maybe not the best option with your 600 @ 2 ohm though. It loves power.
The Dayton I've eyed is dvc 4ohm model. Home

· Registered
75 Posts
Look into the 10" Alpine S series.

I currently have it but in a ported box tuned @30hz though. The bass sounds clean. The ideal sealed enclosure for them is .53cuft with a mounting depth of 4-11/16" and handles 600wrms. They seem to fit your needs, but mock up their parameters in winisd to get a idea of how they'll do in your enclosure.

· Registered
690 Posts
I may have missed this but what vehicle is it going in , trunk? You can email Parts Express and they will model the HO-4 with two 8” passive radiators. You can see what it looks like. The sub is not an output monster but in a small cabin it does great

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.