DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Ive tried searching this, but only older posts were found.

Im planning on buying a "stealthbox" for my car (Citroen C5) and looking for a sub for it. Ideally (and what Ive previously done) I would choose a larger enclosure, but this time I need the space.

Quick notes on the enclosure:
- 10 inch baffle
- Subwoofer depth: 180 mm
- Max magnet diameter: 195 mm
- Volume: 15 litres (assuming this have not considered the subwoofer, so probably 13-14 litres?)

Music I listen to :
- Basically everything. From old classical and orchestra music to heavy metal and EDM. So looking for a good allrounder.

The ones Ive looked at so far:
- Peerless XLS10 (however, not available where I come from, but there is a used one with 16 Ohm) 120$ (2 subs)
- Focal SUB P25DB Performance 139$
- Focal P25FS 259$
- Seas H1209-08 L26RFX/P 8ohm 199$
- Gladen RSX 10 96$
- JL Audio 10TW1-4 297$
- Phoenix Gold - SX110d4 (really unsure about this one, but Xmax 35mm) 179$
- There was also a DD Audio sub, but don't remember the name. Think this was about 150$

About price:
I haven't really set a budget, but given the limited size I don't want to spend too much money on something that might not sound "perfect".

Have not bought the amp yet, so Im doing things in the opposite direction :laugh:

Note 1: I have not yet looked if the subs actually fit, but Im looking for suggestions on sorting these from best to worst and add other subs I have not yet considered.

Note 2: I don't want to import (live in Norway) due to taxes and delivery time. Hopefully purchasing one already tomorrow at Black Friday.

Hope you guys can give me some input here :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you're willing to spend a little bit more, then I would recommend the JL Audio 10TW3.
Thank you, will add it to my considerations. However a bit unsure about those ears (for mounting the sub), since it is gonna be a flushed fit.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've been using a Polk MM1042 DVC in a 14" x 14" x13" enclosure on 200 watts. I've been pretty happy with it for a couple years now. I got mine as an opened box for $90, but I think they go for around $135 new.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I own the JL 10TW1. Use it in the recommended 0.35 sealed box. Works great in my hatchback, and just OK in my cabriolet (where nearly NO sub works great in my experimentation so far).

Worth the $ to me.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
The new Kicker L7T’s are really great. Check them out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts