DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In case I ever think I am too fanatical about car audio I will remember this guy in Alabama who put a 100,000 watt sound system in a Chevy Tahoe! I found his video on YouTube recently. I attached a vidcap from his video and an "inventory" of the system that I made using MS Excel. There is a total of 131 components including 79 speakers and 12 amps! I was BLOWN AWAY BY THIS! What do y'all think?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I think (know) it sounds **** in terms of SQ,...maybe interesting to bassheads and SPL folks

·
Registered
662 Posts
How's the gas mileage? :rolleyes:

Completely impractical of course, but it seems like the goal was simply to cram in as much amplifier power as possible. So good for him for reaching that goal, but I don't know why any1 would have that goal. I'm sure it's loud, but I bet there are trucks w/ 30,000W that are louder.

·
Listener of Music
4,284 Posts
Zero mid-range speakers. Where do 10's and tweets match up? Poor ears. Super nice install though and I love the subwoofer steering wheel.

·
Registered
9,185 Posts
i watched a video of this truck today...the installation was impeccable. Very impressed by the quality of work being done.

·
Premium Member
7,488 Posts
that can rattle somebody's license plate 2 states away!
With some of the recent goings on, many people would likely keep more than two states away to play it safe.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
That is Jonathan Price, owner of Down4Sound. D4S is probably the "hottest" internet based sales site, specifically for SPL folks. The Tahoe is built for show. He even charges for Demos :(

·
Listener of Music
4,284 Posts
The Tahoe is built for show. He even charges for Demos :(
Well that guy can go f&+k himself.

I take it back. The install sucks :wiseguy:

Really charging for demos is the most messed up thing I've heard. And the install is fantastic.

·
Registered
584 Posts
That is the dumbest install I’ve ever seen
What a wast of money and time, this guy and his truck are the Poster child for stupidity
The interface for the sound system looks like a child designed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2,977 Posts
If its built to be an outdoor demo i can understand. I've seen those before and they sounded pretty cool. For in car listening, hell no.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i watched a video of this truck today...the installation was impeccable. Very impressed by the quality of work being done.
------
I never thought "quality" when I saw this joke.
I guess everyone has their own definition of the word "quality."
This system is EXTREME! Extremely nonfunctional to produce quality audio. :)

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
You should go back and look at his first pay system vid on YouTube. The guy likes car stereo and has a seemingly successful business but diy he is not. He got taken to the cleaners on that first build

·
Registered
9,185 Posts
------
I never thought "quality" when I saw this joke.
I guess everyone has their own definition of the word "quality."
This system is EXTREME! Extremely nonfunctional to produce quality audio. :)
so i went back and watched a different video of his demo, and would have to back off on my original comments. I had only seen the door panels at first and thought the fabrication was pretty good.

But seeing the whole car now and that stupid steering wheel..i would retract my comments and state that this install was a fail. The truck is filthy, and while in some shots it photographs well. Seeing the whole thing, I think the overall install is a bit hackish.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,287 Posts
Not everyone cares about the same things we do in our system. That said, I wouldn't mind getting a demo just for the experience but wouldn't want to pay actual money for it. Wonder if Price has any hearing left?

Reactions: truckguy

·
Registered
374 Posts
I follow this guy, Exo, and CAF on YouTube. The find them all entertaining. Anybody who is that passionate about car audio is worth a few minutes of my viewing time. I’ve never heard a loud SPL system but it’s on my bucket list. I love SQ but always wished I was willing to tear into my truck to get it above 140+ db for the times I really want to get after it.

·
Banned
2,977 Posts
I follow this guy, Exo, and CAF on YouTube. The find them all entertaining. Anybody who is that passionate about car audio is worth a few minutes of my viewing time. I’ve never heard a loud SPL system but it’s on my bucket list. I love SQ but always wished I was willing to tear into my truck to get it above 140+ db for the times I really want to get after it.
I had an explorer that did low 140s with music.
It gets old fast and the vehicle constantly sounds like its falling apart after a few months.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts