DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone recommend a musical 12” sub that performs well in an only 1 cubic foot enclosure?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Look at parts express and look at the Dayton audio line of woofer and and subs
The HO line are great subs for music and will work in sealed or ported boxes
The specs list what size box that they can work in and I know for a fact that they will work well in a small box and even better if you port the box. Even better is a small fold horn box or even a mini slot port like the Marty box design
I have used a lot of the Dayton audio subs and love them. They work in many styles of boxes and are pretty forgiven for this
I have two and was going to install both in my wife’s mustang, but one was great in a 1.5sf box in the trunk. Tell the truth. It’s over kill with only 125 watts.
The other one just sitting in the box not being used. I may sell it if your looking to buy a driver. I also have a Klipsch 12” gold driver and some others laying around
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
669 Posts
Illusion Audio C12XL. They recommend a 1 cu. ft. box for there sub.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Stereo integrity RM-12

what type of music do you listen to?
How much power do you have?
What is your budget?

all these things matter.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Could anyone recommend a musical 12” sub that performs well in an only 1 cubic foot enclosure?
All those suggested above, plus CSS SDX12, Adire Audio Brahma, and just about any sub that is not a company's lowest tier subwoofer.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I’m actually considering selling my rm12 because I’m going to get an rm15. Perfect condition and I’ll make someone a great deal. Pm me if you interested.
but it’s an amazing sub and super clean and hits hard.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stereo integrity RM-12

what type of music do you listen to?
How much power do you have?
What is your budget?

all these things matter.
I listen to all kinds of music but I‘m more into deep and tight than spl. It’s a single for a fairly small car (BMW 2-series). I’ll get whatever amp I need, though I do care about cost and care about value.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I listen to mainly 70s classic rock and a lot of different music and this sounds amazing. Deep tight like you said.
I either need to get another one or add a 15 because My 4Runner sucks for amazing sound. I’m overcoming so many acoustical issues.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
And another thing. The rm12 hits hard and gets loud but I have come to the conclusion that I am a closet bass head and I can’t get away from large subs. I had 2 24s in my home theater for Pete’s sake. This sub sounds as close to those that I have ever run into.

·
Premium Member
3,501 Posts
I read the thread and it looks great, but the Peerless XXLS looks great too.

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
i have had a number of 12 inch subs over the past few years , my favorites so far are

stereo integrity , sql-12
audiofrog gb 12
jbl 1500 gti
jl audio 12w6

all in under 1 cf boxes sealed

1 - 20 of 22 Posts