DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

861 - 865 of 865 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
No gb40. 8G40 it’s a beyma 8” pro audio midbass that’s exceptional like the 2118H

I was thinking I would need an 8 with better self damping because the small kick 1st chamber standingbwaves etc
The 8G40 is doing quite well.

I already have 2 sets on the way. So I’ll have to try them all :)
Ahhhh ok I see now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #862
As good as g40 is it’s not going to work

I’m heearing the high fs high f3 be a issue

I put the Dayton rs225 on just to try it and it’s thumpin , plays to 65 on passenger side and 75 driver side

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #863
Got the tm65 today

Man what a unusual loudspeaker this is

The cone looks pathetic, but something tells me looks are quite deceiving, that motor looks though as hell. Oh dang it will be interesting

I’m going throw them in on Monday, if there not up to the task (which I’ll be asking a lot from) they will become rears as reinforcement midbass

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #864
Here’s something stupid I did

Only reason I’m sharing is as a warning to not do this

So my Dayton 8” aluminum cone rs255s I’ve had for about 10 years because I love the sound of this , I decided to tape off the basket and put dum dum on the bobbin around phase plug to grind the basket edge with a bench grinder to get it to fit in my kick where it’s recessed

I figured the cast won’t get too hot and to go slow taping it off so the aluminum dust doesn’t get into the gap

So I grinder them down , I didn’t feel much heat at all , somehow the heat went right to the coil and seized the cones! Uugh

Hindsight I’m like “that was sure dumb of me” f ing ruined a good set of 8s :(

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #865
Just ordered the esotec 8 inch for the kicks

The MK1 will be a door midbass for rears for reinforcement means on that 80hz dip

The mk1 simply didn’t dig deep enough for me but holy crap this thing boogies at 90hz wow! I mean downright gets nasty amount of clean output. What a excellent excellent door speaker. You gain a good 3db with all that xmax in the brute force null filling dips at 80 and 160 for the left side (driver side) and it’s inverse for the passenger side.

Sounds good as a midrange also, just not quite the bass I was trying to get, close very close. Just not quite. I really want the kicks to play to at least 60 with a f3 around 45 to 55 max

I’m seeing an f3 around 65 which is almost there and is satisfying but I want more of a sub and midbass.

In no way am I disappointed with the mk1 , I’m definitely still going to use it! Just use it where it wants to be used the most. In a door.

The esotec mw172 should do the job satisfactory and I’ve had lots of dyns before , I like them , there good speakers. And for this highly damped sound I’m after it’s a excellent Choice, I just wanted to try something different

861 - 865 of 865 Posts