DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was going to go with two 10s but decided on one 12...for two reasons. One, the 12's will offer the ability to hit lower notes and two, cost and quality.

What I'm looking for is a good sub around $150 or so that could run on my Cadence f100-5's 5th channel rated at 500rms at 2 ohms.

I would greatly appreciate some recommendations. Looking for more SQ than SPL. Was looking at the Incriminator Audio Lethal Injection 2ohm 12.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
The size of the sub has very little to do with(how it hits the lows) a sub with more cone area will do it more easily though.
But since you want some rec we need a little more to go on like how much room youu have to work with and if your going ported or sealed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i appreciate the timely response. As for room in my trunk, atleast 3 feet in width and a little over 1 ft in depth. The width for me doesnt matter at I was gonna construct a beauty board to make the subs look flush into the trunk. Ported or sealed, I'm leaning towards ported...

I do know with a ported box you get a little more rumble but with a ported box you maintain accuracy. Wish I could have both.

Truth is, I don't need the most incredible 12 in the world, just something thats efficient and cost effective.

·
Registered
161 Posts
i appreciate the timely response. As for room in my trunk, atleast 3 feet in width and a little over 1 ft in depth. The width for me doesnt matter at I was gonna construct a beauty board to make the subs look flush into the trunk. Ported or sealed, I'm leaning towards ported...

I do know with a ported box you get a little more rumble but with a ported box you maintain accuracy. Wish I could have both.

Truth is, I don't need the most incredible 12 in the world, just something thats efficient and cost effective.
That's sort of a paradox. Usually cheap(er) speakers have lower sensitivity. Are you opposed to used speakers?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol im really undecided...these FI 10s are $109/speaker but for $10 more I can get the 12's...either way, would two of either the 10s or 12s be good? Keep in mind, my 5th channel runs 500watts rms

·
Registered
161 Posts
I would suggest finding one or two Inifinty Kappa Perfects. They have silly high sensitivity (96db) and sound great. I just sold a 12 that I had for a few years and absolutely loved it. They are 'only' 350wrms but two of them would work out well and they can be had rather cheap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts