DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are blowing out Blaupunkt THW1200 12" thin line subs for the month of March. They are only 2.44" deep and can be mounted just about anywhere. They come with grilles and mounting hardware. They are very good sounding subs and can be used in a variety of enclosure sizes.

They are $39.99 each while they last. Here is a link with info and purchase details:
BLAUPUNKT THW1200 12" SUBWOOFER

Please enter promotion code: diy12thw at checkout for the forum discount.

Here are some specs:

Power Handling: 600W max/200W RMS
Frequency Response: 20-200 Hz
Sensitivity: 90 dB (2.83V/1m) - 87 dB (1W/1m)
Impedance: 4 Ohms
Woofer Magnet: 40 oz. Barium Ferrite
Voice Coil Diameter: 2.0"
Spring Loaded Binding Post Connectors
Installation Depth: 62 mm or 2.44 inch
Installation hole diameter: 280 mm or 11.02"

Thiele-Small Parameters:
Resonance frequency: 25hz
Qts: .50
Qes: .54
Qms: 5.91
Vas: 4.0 cubic feet
Xmax: 10mm
Re: 3.67 ohms
BL: 13.2 tm
Sd: 547 cm^2
Cms: 258 uM/N
Mms: 167g

Sealed Enclosure: (cubic feet)
Vol. - f3 - SPL
1.5 - 46 - 87
2 - 45 - 87

Vented Enclosure:
Vol. - f3 - fb - SPL
1.5 - 35 - 35 - 88
2 - 32 - 30 - 88

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what are the recommended sealed box specs for these?

thanks
Here are some specs:

Sealed Enclosure: (cubic feet)
Vol. - f3 - SPL
1.5 - 46 - 87
2 - 45 - 87

Vented Enclosure:
Vol. - f3 - fb - SPL
1.5 - 35 - 35 - 88
2 - 32 - 30 - 88

I prefer to run these between 1-2 ft^3 sealed. They also work great IB as midbass/subass drivers in door panels and under seats. The 2.44" mounting depth is great for tight places.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
I don't get most of these "thin" subs. Sure they have a real shallow mounting depth, but if they need a fairly large enclosure I fail to see the point except maybe in some trucks.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't get most of these "thin" subs. Sure they have a real shallow mounting depth, but if they need a fairly large enclosure I fail to see the point except maybe in some trucks.
They don't do bad with ~.5 ft^3 enclosures, but they are designed to fit in spaces without much depth. If you need a thin box or want to put them in places like a door panel they are great.

I have made a few boxes with these that go across the back seat and are only 4" deep. If you cover it with carpet nobody even knows you have a sub. (and you loose very little trunk space)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
You have to use the coupon code: diy12thw at checkout to get the forum discount.

Sorry 12's are all I have left of these.
Reading wins again...:(
They don't do bad with ~.5 ft^3 enclosures, but they are designed to fit in spaces without much depth. If you need a thin box or want to put them in places like a door panel they are great.

I have made a few boxes with these that go across the back seat and are only 4" deep. If you cover it with carpet nobody even knows you have a sub. (and you loose very little trunk space)

The shallow mount is also good for false floors where you need to keep spare/dont want to build up too much, truck boxes, under couch subwoofer systems...

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If it was 10mm total Xsus, I wouldn't have just bought a pair ;)
Thank you!!

Will ship in the A.M.

If I seem grumpy it is because this price is well below our cost. We actually are loosing about $20 per speaker on these, but need to clean house and get ready new stuff. They are very good speakers, but many people do not want try them because of their design. At this price it will hopefully get the indecisive over the fence. :)

They are discontinued, so once these are gone they will be gone forever. If anyone is interested in a thin sub, don't wait. While I was away at lunch today we sold 19 at this price. I think that is a record. There are only limited amounts available.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I really don't get it either???? WinISD shows these needing a VERY large enclosure 4 Cu Ft sealed. At .5 and 1 cu ft the box will be peaky and over dampned but.....At $39 (Had $30 laying around in my PayPal) I bought one to play with for a friend's install.

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Well, I just picked on up... My GF's Chevy Aveo should thank me for it, maybe I can keep some of her trunk...lol..

THANK YOU..

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I really don't get it either???? WinISD shows these needing a VERY large enclosure 4 Cu Ft sealed. At .5 and 1 cu ft the box will be peaky and over dampned but.....At $39 (Had $30 laying around in my PayPal) I bought one to play with for a friend's install.
I've never run the specs through a program, but I can tell you from experience they like close to 1 cubic foot. Are you sure that the calculations are correct?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.