DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wholy shit man! I've been looking for a current model Grand Cherokee owner that has a sub installed in the spare tire well... Can we share info and ideas?

I have a 2011 JGC Overland. I am planning to do something very similar. This post is pretty old. Can you tell me what you ended up putting in the tire well? I have measured my space three times and determined that a 31" x 31" mdf box will fit but it can only be 7-8" tall or I'll have to raise the cargo floor. Trying to decide if I want to do that...

If you could reply or PM me with details and pictures of your install I would REALLY appreciate it. I'm planning to make some decisions in the next week or two. I am considering two JL 12W6v3s or two IDQ12v4s. If you PM me I'll provide my phone number for a quick call if that's easier.

FYI - I already installed a Pioneer 4100NEX and love it. I can give you details if you'd like

Better a late response than never, right!

I do not in any way dislike anything about my W7 and the way that it sounds and has performed for me for the last 11 years.

My only issue is that I want to have a completely hidden install under the floor of my Jeep and the 13w7 is just too deep to allow that to happen without the hole that I have already cut in the floor. I would love to remove my current enclosure and weld the metal back into my jeep with some care to make it look like the hole was never there and then add maybe dual 12w6v3's or something that would come close to that special sound that the 13w7 has. If you have run the 13w7 then you know what I am talking about.

It has a certain authority that I have never gotten from any other sub.

So...in a perfect world I would have a 13w7 but with 2 inches or so sliced off the rear but with the same performance. I absolutely LOVE this sub but it makes me do things like cut a 11X17 inch square out of the cargo floor of a $60K plus vehicle and that is never good.

On a side note though....with my load floor in place you would never even know that there was anything there though. Mission accomplished! Now to figure out a way to quite the load floor down with the angry gorilla beating the hell out of it from below.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm trying to make a decision between 10w6v2 and 10w6v3. This thread has been helpful and I am continuing to do my research.

I can get the 10w6v2 for about a third the price of the 10w6v3. Given what I have been reading through this forum and others, is that there is a difference, but not significant if in correct box, so I should go with the 10w6v2.

Am I on the right try here, or will I be kicking myself I a year from now that I did not spend the extra $$s now?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I wanted to update this thread. It is 2019, I still have the G35 with the 4080 box and the 12w6v3 - it is still performing wonderfully. At some point, I changed the sub amp from the Helix 1000qx to a bridged Helix P200 - probably a waste for a sub. One of these days I will have to try class D again, I could lose 30+ pounds from the trunk.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts