DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Long time lurker. Planing my build for 14 Silverado crew cab . I have read the other build logs. Have read many of the build logs - makes my head spin -all the information - thank you

Looking to install 2 way w single 10 under rear seat.

GS690 -front doors
GB15 - factory dash location
SD3 10
Alpine PDX-v9- open to other suggestions .

Still trying to choose pre-fab box? - any recommendations

DSP ? Leaning towards helix - considering used dsp.2 or would helix dsp mini be ok - after reading up on the "chime" issue I think I would need to eq the input to tame the chimes. I am new to DSP so want something "user friendly "

I am open to any and all suggestions as I am still in the planning stage .

·
Registered
253 Posts
Sounds like you’re planning to use really nice equipment. I’m not familiar with the Helix DSP but it seems to be popular on this board. I’m using the JL Audio FiX 82 and TwK D8. I’ve been extremely pleased with both.

I can HIGHLY recommend the Fox Acoustics boxes. I run a single Alpine R-Series 12 under my rear passenger seat (Ram Crew). It’s vented to the driver’s side and I believe tuned to 34 hertz. It sounds amazing. It set me back about $170. It perfectly blends with my mids and images beautifully with help from the DSP. I have close to 1,000 watts on it. The build quality is excellent and I couldn’t be happier. I almost spent five times as much on a custom enclosure. I’ve heard the same custom enclosure in another Ram with a JL TW3 ran off a JL RD900. The other Ram has the exact same processing that I have and is also equally sound deadened. My truck sounds light years better. Of course, this is just my opinion...for what it’s worth.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Make sire you get a dsp with input gain or some sort of other factory integration module or you'll have loud chimes and blinkers

·
Registered
2 Posts
16 Silverado double cab here. As far as the DSP I decided to go with the Axxess AX-DSP. Has built in chime control , 6ch in/6ch out, along with 31band EQ, cross overs, clipping detection and many other features. Plus you manipulate it via bluetooth so there is no need to get to the device and turn dials and switches.
I decided to make my own box because I have the high transmission hump and the floor is anything but level. Going to use 3/4 MDF on 5 sides and fiberglass for the bottom. Not only will it let me maximize volume for the .75^ft each of my subs want (DC audio m3 8" x2) but it will fit over the curves minimizing movement, and said curves will add strength to the fiberglass portion of the enclosure.

Good luck on your build! I'll be receiving the rest of my equipment today so I'm excited to get started as well.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
I pulled my axxess ax dsp. Depending on what your doing passive vs active the original ax dsp is rather limited. It's super quirky flip a signal on and it mutes a one side of the speakers. Chimes can be adjusted but even at low they sometimes get super loud. If you get in the truck and buckle up before putting the key in the ignition you can avoid that. There's a couple of new axxess DSP models maybe they've addressed these issue however through email complaints to them from others and myself they are aware of the issue and still haven't resolved it. I have it for sale of your interested lol. But I went with the pac amp pro. I never listen to fm or Sirius so the quirk with that product on a non Bose gm isn't a issue for me.

I also have a Helix DSP.2 currently waiting to dial everything in

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
16 Silverado double cab here. As far as the DSP I decided to go with the Axxess AX-DSP. Has built in chime control , 6ch in/6ch out, along with 31band EQ, cross overs, clipping detection and many other features. Plus you manipulate it via bluetooth so there is no need to get to the device and turn dials and switches.

I decided to make my own box because I have the high transmission hump and the floor is anything but level. Going to use 3/4 MDF on 5 sides and fiberglass for the bottom. Not only will it let me maximize volume for the .75^ft each of my subs want (DC audio m3 8" x2) but it will fit over the curves minimizing movement, and said curves will add strength to the fiberglass portion of the enclosure.

Good luck on your build! I'll be receiving the rest of my equipment today so I'm excited to get started as well.
Post pictures of your box sir. I have the same 16 double cab with the Rockies under the rear seat. Got a lmi welding seat lift kit for mine to help

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
I had a little time to play with the axxess for 16 regular cab. It's only good as a loc.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
223 Posts
https://lljcustoms.com/store?olsPage=t/gm-vehicles

Look at LLJ, they some easy plug and play integrations.

If you have the BOSE system I highly recommend the NAV-TV M650GM
Is will take care of the loud chimes and gives a great foundation to build on.

If it's a non-BOSE. PAC makes an integration piece. LLJ has a plug and play harness with the PAC unit and a lot of other great pieces.

As far as DSP, Helix is top notch, if your only needing 6 channels then the DSP Mini is great.
If you're looking to go 3way active with a sub one day then get you would want the DSP.3

I have a 2017 Seirra with bose,
I'm ru ming the NavTv and just swapped from a Zapco Z8 DSP to the Helix Pro MK2. Its amazing.

The amp you have listed in your OP is more than capable.

I'm currently ordering equipment for my co-worke Silverado. He wanted it to good great and it to be simple. We will be running the NavTv, JL Vx700/5i, Audiofrog GB15, GB60 and the JL stealth console enclosure. With a few LLJ pieces.

I recommend you look through their site, they have some great stuff that will the install a breeze.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
https://lljcustoms.com/store?olsPage=t/gm-vehicles

Look at LLJ, they some easy plug and play integrations.

If you have the BOSE system I highly recommend the NAV-TV M650GM
Is will take care of the loud chimes and gives a great foundation to build on.

If it's a non-BOSE. PAC makes an integration piece. LLJ has a plug and play harness with the PAC unit and a lot of other great pieces.

As far as DSP, Helix is top notch, if your only needing 6 channels then the DSP Mini is great.
If you're looking to go 3way active with a sub one day then get you would want the DSP.3

I have a 2017 Seirra with bose,
I'm ru ming the NavTv and just swapped from a Zapco Z8 DSP to the Helix Pro MK2. Its amazing.

The amp you have listed in your OP is more than capable.

I'm currently ordering equipment for my co-worke Silverado. He wanted it to good great and it to be simple. We will be running the NavTv, JL Vx700/5i, Audiofrog GB15, GB60 and the JL stealth console enclosure. With a few LLJ pieces.

I recommend you look through their site, they have some great stuff that will the install a breeze.
Llj bose harness takes the chimes out as well

1 - 9 of 9 Posts