DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front stage is a set of DLS UP6i comps. that are rated for 150 watts RMS. I am currently running them on 2 channels of an ED Nine.4 amp (about 65-75 watts). Once I get my separate sub amp installed I will have the other two channels available to bridge which will get me about 150 watts.

My question is, for SQ should I bridge this amp, or should I look at getting a 2 channel amp with 100 - 150 watts per channel? (PDX 2.150, Arc KS 300.2, JL 300/2, sundown 100.2)

Will the increase in distortion when bridging the amp be noticeable in this situation? Or is the Nine.4 just fine?

·
18,699 Posts
I say 4-channel in case you decide to go active later.

You shouldn't notice an increase in distortion unless the THD is very high; "they" say above 3 is audible.

Of course, if you know you'll never go active, get a 2-channel and call it a day.

·
Registered
250 Posts
x2

I picked up a JL 300/2 for my old car, and now I'm kicking myself for not getting the 300/4 or 450/4. Setups change over time and it might be good trading leverage for something else down the road.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I say 4-channel in case you decide to go active later.

You shouldn't notice an increase in distortion unless the THD is very high; "they" say above 3 is audible.

Of course, if you know you'll never go active, get a 2-channel and call it a day.
I thought about active, but I dont think the crossovers on the Nine.4 will do it. :confused:
So I would have to change amps anyway, I think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.