DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice! 18s, huh? That’ll definitely bang.... I’m definitely not an expert here. But, in my opinion, Crossfire looks like every other mass produced subwoofer out there from overseas. DC on the other hand, stands out more. Their subs are hand built in their US build house. I’d go DC Audio if it was my choice.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Crossfire is Mass ad nauseum just like all the rest...

DC Audio has some really nice drivers but you've linked a page that has too many to choose from... which DC Audio driver?

Stereo Integrity is more about SQ with SPL secondary - they'll do SPL if you put enough power to them but you have to keep them sealed for best results.

If you're really looking to go outside the norm and want to play with the Big Dogs look at Fi Audio for SPL.

Reactions: BJG

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Stereo Integrity is more about SQ with SPL secondary - they'll do SPL if you put enough power to them but you have to keep them sealed for best results.
You don't have to prove it in WinISD, although I know you most certainly can.. but is that true even with their HST line?

·
Registered
934 Posts
You don't have to prove it in WinISD, although I know you most certainly can.. but is that true even with their HST line?
Especially with the HST - the BL/mms Ratio is higher with lower Vas than the SQL so going sealed increases it's power handling even more than it does the SQL. That's also why the box sizes are smaller for the HST than the SQL.

Reactions: squiers007 and BJG

·
Registered
701 Posts
I thought the Crossfire looked pretty solid-good excursion and whatnot. Very interested in the SI subs.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
I thought the Crossfire looked pretty solid-good excursion and whatnot. Very interested in the SI subs.
As a former JL4LIFE fanboy, I am not familiar with either of those brands.. but I can tell you the new SI subs I've got have just absolutely blown my ****ing mind!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts