DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the factory speakers in my Silverado are for the lack of a better word...terrible. I've had decent factory setups in my last 3 cars, and my old 05 Impreza was completely modified.

I am looking at a solid budget setup to replace front door and dash speakers with a component set, single amp or dual mini amps, and subs in a box built for under the rear seat.

I know Kenwood makes a factory replacement with 6x9 and a 3.5 not sure how they are, also I haven't worked on a car in almost 10 years, I have none of my old tools or knowledge of how to take apart the Silverado so I would also be looking for install help around the Charlotte NC area.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Is it a factory Bose?
Does it have a center console?
What's your Budget?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No factory Bose. Has the bench with the flip down console in front. Budget is probably right at 1.5k just for amp, speakers, sub, loc, wires, and sub box.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Does it have the 7" screen or the bigger 8"?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Are you wanting rear fill or just a good front stage?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bigger 8 inch. It is the all star edition rear fill I can leave stock and fade them in if my son is in the car.

·
Registered
229 Posts
With out digging deep into it you could build a great sounding 2way passive front stage with some Morel Tempo 6.5s or 6X9s with two 10's or 12's under the back seat with some Rockford Prime or Kicker Comps or JL W0s. There a few companies that make boxes for your truck. With an Audiocontrol LC7i and a 5 channel amp like the new Rockford Prime 5 channel. This would be about $1,300 and gives you a couple hundred left over for wires, RCA's, and miscellaneous stuff.

Reactions: 05 obs
1 - 7 of 7 Posts