DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 68 year old father has just rebought his dream car. He used to own when he was a teenage and had to sell it to start a family.

The car is a 1956 Chevy Bel Air - 2 Door Hard Top Sedan. Website with similar cars: 1956 Chevrolet Bel Air Images, Information and History (Series 2400 C, Nomad, BelAir) | Conceptcarz.com

A lot cars on that website images are custom. His car is bone stock with 120,000 miles on it. He has already taken the engine & transmission out to put in a new one. So now is the perfect opportunity to upgrade the electrical system.

My father is a drag & round track racer in heart. He doesn't care for car shows. He isn't going to want to wait a long time for me to install a stereo.

So I would like to preassemble everything I can and when we are doing other work on the car install without him knowing what all is going into it.

I did the same thing with a home stereo about 5 years ago when I bought him a new TV. He thought it was BS to start with but, now he tinkers with it all the time.

I don't know a lot about 1956 Chevy so I am hoping someone here does. I found this website that sells some stereo stuff but, I am sure their is better quality stuff.

Audio

So in conclusion, I don't need a top of the line stereo but, I would like something easy to install and sounds good. I don't mind paying extra for it.

Throw any ideas at me like amps, speakers and time alignment stuff. As long as it is set and forget.

Since this car came with 1 mono speaker, I would like to 2 speakers in the kick panels, 2 speakers on the rear shelf and a subwoofer somehow in the truck or rear shelf. I also would like to keep the speakers on the rear shelf hidden with some thin material.

Thanks for your help! I really do appreciate it!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.