DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Listener of Music
3,435 Posts
Definitely illegal lol,
Just about every headlight is illegal in our state now.

Pretty much anything over 400 lumens is illegal with our antiquated headlight laws. However they don't have the ability to test it so it's never enforced. Thank God. However you can be dangerously blinding people with bulbs not designed for headlamp use or for the housing they are in. Headlight bulbs are designed for aiming on a road or to reflect in a specific housing. 360° LEDs allow the people behind them to see great but the light shines randomly and can be incapacitating for older people and those with vision issues. Headlights that are aimed properly don't stay in oncoming traffics direct vision field long enough to typically cause serious issues.

I typed all that because I didn't realize it until I passed one my friends years ago and he told me how my car blinded him bad while he was in a higher up truck. So I checked it out, researched, and deemed my bulbs unsafe for other drivers. I then spent a considerable amount on headlight specific LEDs and no more seriously blinding oncoming traffic!

That and I have right about ZERO friends with any interest at all in car audio so I got nobody to show any of this off too!!!
There's a couple of us that live around here.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
And are you around me Theslaking ???
And I am aware, these spit lights are very confined and direct and would certainly hurt to look at.. I usually will only use my flood led (bar behind the grill) in populated areas at night and the spots more so when I'm out in the country, on a trip to a race track far away... going to the rez ect.. I am quick to turn them off and it's a reaction since its wired basically as normal high beams function I dont even think about it just click them off as soon as I see light on the horizon.

For the few times I have been a bit late to click them off I still have yet to get a "F*** you High beam blare" at the last second... so I think they are ok.

I'm a friendly driver tho I'm good about it. And it really is nice especially with all the dear that are out around this time of year... they blow the standard high beams away

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I do believe you posted a pic of your car in Niawanda Park?
Good eye!
I grew up in a apartment in Audobun in Amherst... in NT now and lived outside Detroit for a couple years a while back... good oll buffalo, cant leave the foods to good

21 - 26 of 26 Posts