DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car: 350 block, turbo 350 trans, holley carb, 373 gears, flowmaster dual exhaust, k&n filter, edelbrock manifold, etc.. The engine is going for an engine bay clean up/ tune up in a week or so. Rebuilt carb, timing tune, etc.. stuff I don't know much about, but mechanically it should be solid when it's done.

The system:
What I already have:
Alarm - Viper 3305V w/ tilt, window break, and proximity sensor. Backup battery, relocated brain, and horn. Third party GPS tracking from amazon.
Head Unit - Kenwood KDC-X598
Kick Panels - Q Logic QL-K1011C
Front Components - Polk db5251
Rear 6x9 (currently in the package track, to be relocated below the window) - Rockford R169X3
Subwoofers - (2) 12' Soundqubed HDS312
Big 3 XS Power Kit

Planned to Buy:
Alternator - 270a Mechman (might be overkill)
Sub Amp - Hifonics 2400.1d or SQ Q1-2200D
Mids/Highs Amp - Pioneer D8604 or possibly SoundQubed 4 ch.
Sound Deadening (package track, trunk, floor) - Not sure what brand
Subwoofer Enclosure - Not sure if I want to go ported or sealed in a plexiglass back box.
Paneled Trunk. Cleanliness is the goal in the trunk.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
started here

ended up here - new head unit. tablet temp mounted above with bluetooth conneciton

removed the blown stock 4x6's and went with 6x9's in this temporary locaiton

new floor mats

ditched the 3.5 on the dash and put in the components in kickpanels

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the audio progress will be on hold for a few weeks as I get this engine stuff together. I may also take on the blazer brake swap also.

I'm torn on rather or not to do the 270a alt from mechman or the caprice swap which is must cheaper but "only" does 140a or so. With a system that is probably over 1500w rms at all times, I don't think that will cut it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Very nice SS. Gotta love black! I didn't realize how big those QLogic kick panels are. I think they would get in the way of my big ol feet.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice SS. Gotta love black! I didn't realize how big those QLogic kick panels are. I think they would get in the way of my big ol feet.
thanks. the paint is crap, but it won't be getting painted until the winter. I'm thinking of going either back to stock black with decals or silver. They aren't too bad, as I was worried about that as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The car: 350 block, turbo 350 trans, holley carb, 373 gears, flowmaster dual exhaust, k&n filter, edelbrock manifold, etc.. The engine is going for an engine bay clean up/ tune up in a week or so. Rebuilt carb, timing tune, etc.. stuff I don't know much about, but mechanically it should be solid when it's done.

The system:
What I already have:
Alarm - Viper 3305V w/ tilt, window break, and proximity sensor. Backup battery, relocated brain, and horn. Third party GPS tracking from amazon.
Head Unit - Kenwood KDC-X598
Kick Panels - Q Logic QL-K1011C
Front Components - Polk db5251
Rear 6x9 (currently in the package track, to be relocated below the window) - Rockford R169X3
Subwoofers - (2) 12' Soundqubed HDS312
Big 3 XS Power Kit

Planned to Buy:
Alternator - 270a Mechman (might be overkill)
Sub Amp - Hifonics 2400.1d or SQ Q1-2200D
Mids/Highs Amp - Pioneer D8604 or possibly SoundQubed 4 ch.
Sound Deadening (package track, trunk, floor) - Not sure what brand
Subwoofer Enclosure - Not sure if I want to go ported or sealed in a plexiglass back box.
Paneled Trunk. Cleanliness is the goal in the trunk.
i like your build and had a couple of questions.ive been looking for those kick panels and cannot find them in that exact color.did you paint them or did the come that way.secondly where did you get the gm floor mats.i looked on ebay but all seem to be cheap imitation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts