DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
doing a build for a buddy, figuired I'd post a few things, this is the gear I've picked out for him. feedback is good feel free to offer advise if you feel somethings wrong with the setup.

gear -

Amps -----

MB Quart - Q 4.150

MB Quard - Q 1.1500

Speakers ----

JL Audio C5-653

DLS Reference 1073

Sub ----

JBL W15GTI MKII

Processing ----

JBL GTE422 9 band 4 channel EQ

Deck ----

pioneer AVH2300

doing 4 CF parcial Fiberglass box, ported to 28hz

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sounds good so far. Looks like you have already removed the crappy matted sound insulation from behind the seats and front of the truck. I would also cut some of the foam from the rear seats where the rear cross support bars are and possibly cut a vent into the rear deck. As the owner of an "85 Box I did the preceding and each step helped the bass vent into the cabin and clean it up. Good luck on the build!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Box chevy build nice. I would definitely do what the above post said. it is hard to get good bass response in cars like this. My solution in my car was to fire the sub and port through the rear deck similar to car with a IB sub in the rear deck. this wouldnt be possible in a box chevy since the rear deck isn't that big but u could also do a box in a box design where u fire the sub foward into a open topped enclosure that vent trhrough the rear deck

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol, small change..only a complete revamp on the system. went from 1750$ to just over 1200$ for the same bang, little buck ^_^ I mean ive been wanting to do a complete massive audio system since i found out about em. I think this car will sound amazing to be honest. i might even use the extra money on an ms-8 or a 3sixty.2 or something :D

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i havnt even seen the car yet. hes dropping it off in like 2 weeks though, so i guess i better get prepping :p

·
Registered
530 Posts
Hey, if you look around on the forum, a lot of people have had issues with the 5 channel cutting off due to over heating. just wanted to throw it out there. to fix the issue, you could get the n2 and nx4 for about $25 cheaper. little less power for the speakers but more reliability.

Not saying its going to happen to yours, just saying that it has happened.

side note, i really want to do a full massive build myself, just don't want to part with my JL components that sound amazing right now

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, if you look around on the forum, a lot of people have had issues with the 5 channel cutting off due to over heating. just wanted to throw it out there. to fix the issue, you could get the n2 and nx4 for about $25 cheaper. little less power for the speakers but more reliability.

Not saying its going to happen to yours, just saying that it has happened.

side note, i really want to do a full massive build myself, just don't want to part with my JL components that sound amazing right now
you can't beat the price diffferences in this gear, the Rk6's are amazing speakers and can do so much power so cleanly. much like my faverate speakers, the JBL 608 GTI's. which if they didn't discontinue those i would be using those. :mean: but i can get these RK6's at 160$ and you can't beat that price :X

thanks for the heads up, ima have to look into that, ive never heard about em over heating, but i can see it. its allow of power in a small area. I once saw somebody put one in a small tool box as a novelity, and his didn't over heat, so that thought didn't even cross my mind. he did put 2 120mm fans on top of the tool box though, that might of just been enough, i'll do some research on that.

·
Banned
60 Posts
sounds like a good plan, love them Chevy's! I'd deff consider what THE BUZZ suggested, i did the same to my M.C and it freed up the air a good bit, much better bass response in the cabin. it was painful to cut into the back of the seats but even just taking an inch out will help, and give any back seat riders a nice back massage lol

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah that's my daily driver a 04 moonte. The newer one has an amp in the rear deck so that with my rears being out it vents really nice. I'm taking my Monte IB so ima cut a hole behin the seat so when I fold the arm rest down it vents really good. Their are also pockets down the side of the vehicle since its a coup I need to seal those from the trunk or ill get cancellations I already get rattles from ot

·
Banned
60 Posts
very nice, dont forget to deaden the newer mc, they got tons of flex and vibration. just dont build them like they used too.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know it all to well :(

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just thought I'd bring this from the dead, i saw the car the other day, it was dark so i coudlnt get any pictures but he has it cleaned up, brand new engine in. very nice, BEAST of an engine, rored like a champ. this build is gonna be rough, but we'll get it done right for him.

the speaker situation is kinda in the air, I don't know if i'll have to do kicks or what because their are only 2x4 speakers in the dash console, but their might be more i'll have to work on it and look at it more when we move forward. i sold him my old JBL 12 inch GTI in the box. it's a great sub, not a 15, but its nice. i'll update again if i get some picture, i do not know when he'll be letting me have this car to work on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts