DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I threw a Kicker 44TCWC104 in the trunk, and the Planet Audio amp can't push it worth a **** lol. I can't wait for the Arc to come back to swap the amp out.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So the leads in my DD-1 had an issue, and I ordered new leads. Re-tuned the amp and they speakers & sub sound better. However, the Kenwood KMM-X704 allows for setting crossovers, so once the Arc gets back, I think we are going to try and run it active - as soon as the window sails come in and I can get them set up with the tweeters.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The Arc came back today. Boy is gonna be happy when he gets home....

Sent from my 1+7P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The kicker couldn't handle the Arc's power, so the big dog got put in. Im looking into building a box for the sub that will work well, and save room in the trunk.

Sent from my 1+7P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So I have been playing around with sub enclosures. I built a new box for that huge JL 12W3V2-D2 sub with the same airspace, but different shape. We set it up to fire up at the hat shelf, and it rattled the **** out of everything.

This was temporary because I got my hands on an old school JL "Micro Sub", a half pipe style box that was preloaded with 3 - JL 8W6 subs - but they were all in disrepair. I have set those subs aside to repair (re-cone and re-foam) and reconditioned the box itself. I need a lot more practice at carpeting though. I loaded it with some cheap 8" subs, and wired them in series to get a 2.66 ohm load (the amp is 2 ohm stable)

I'm still trying out different positions for the sub - I'm probably going to add some "feet" to the box to make downfire. These Skar IX-8 subs really impressed me for the price point.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts