DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got hold of my favorite car from the past. A 1990 ford Thunderbird 35th anniversary supercoupe with only 29,000 miles!!! i remember seeing these things all over the CA&E magazines in the 80s and 90s for there SQ installs and they were winning left and right Now the interesting thing was a lot of them had IB installs in them. Since i have always wanted to try a IB install i figures why not. Its currently on the way from Brooklyn NY to my home in Los Alamos NM so as it shows up and progress ensues i will post the progressing pictures. so far sitting in my garage awaiting its arrival is
Planet Audio HVT tube amplifiers
Audiocontrol DM-608 DSP
Audiocontrol DM-RTA
CDT Eurosport components
PHD for rear fill
Audiopipe candy 15's
Optima yellow top
Screenshot_20200217-162417_Samsung Internet.jpg

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I lusted after that car when I was growing up. A friend of mine had one when I was in high school and it was FAST. Not so fast now but still a very cool car. Should be a nice canvas.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
In college I worked at circuit city in the warehouse. We had a store manager that had a SC with one of the best systems I had see at the time. He was a big Soundstream guy and did IB in his. I think he did either 4 12's or 4 10's IB with a stack of Soundstream amps and subs and a bunch of neon in the trunk. Our store, which was the flagship store since we were literally down the street form circuit city corporate would use his car as the demo car. Everything except the subs and amps came from the store and the circuit city guys did the install. Everyone wanted his car.

·
Registered
767 Posts
These cars were everywhere. Then one day? They were gone. Compared to today? These cars are ROCK SOLID TANKS! If something goes wrong however, just follow the wire, and you get to your problem.

I've known people who had their for 20 years. Still going strong and looking good too.

And ONE of the EASY cars to work on.

You know who else has one? Mr. BOOM himself.. "Can I help you".. :)

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I'm glad everyone shares my love of these cars. Now at the risk of sounding stupid. Who is "mr boom"?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I just stripped out my trucks system and now I'm not sure which mid to use. I was set on using the CDT but I really love those blaupunkts. Hummmmm
20200221_125421.jpg
20200221_125426.jpg
20200221_125449.jpg

·
Registered
110 Posts
Always loved those Birds. I had an 84 TC 5 speed about 10 years, not a lot of balls but plenty of looks lol. 29k miles is like brand new.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
53 Posts
Oh man! I had a 92 SC that I bought in 1997 and owned for about 10 years. I loved that car and had several systems in it. It was fast, handled better than a car it’s size should, and was comfortable. Enjoy your new ride and keep us updated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
551 Posts
Been a bird fan since the 1985 #9 Coors Melling T-bird of Bill Elliott! I liked Jack Roush's Mercury Cougar XR7's in Trans Am too. I think he ran them in IMSA GTO also.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I'm, following this thread as the SC was my favorite car back in the day. I have owned 2 and 1 Xr7 cougar. I even competed in IASCA with my 89 white SC, still got some pictures of that system. I then graduated to a 97 Mark VIII and loved that car even more. I can't wait to see the progress of this install.

1 - 20 of 217 Posts