DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 625 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 GM PS 6500 Step - Van that I have been working on for about 6 years. I bought it in 2008 from a salvage yard and it just sat in my yard for a year.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
cant wait to see what comes of this, I like big ol vans

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Then I had the "Beast" Painted with a high build epoxy primer and sanded until smooth as glass. Finish coat was Emeron Airplane Paint. Made to last and apply on aluminum.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The second sub box fabricated in the 1990's out of 1" Medium Density Fiberboard that came from a black television stand . Two separate sealed chambers about 1 cubic foot each. The inside seams are sealed with fiberglass cloth and resin. Added 1 1/4 pounds of fiberglass insulation on each side. Boston Pro Series 12" subs weigh 25 pounds a piece. Had to replace the surrounds a couple of years ago. Labor of love. That sub box is one of two sub woofer systems in the truck. It sits between the two seats and plays 40-80 Htz.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I was wondering how your sig all broke down..how are you splitting frequencies for the 3 sizes of boston sub?

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mid Range and Tweeter Pods. They are asymmetrical and aimed at the drivers ears. They are angled to match the windshield pillar as to not to obscure any visibility. Boston Pro Series 5 1/4" and 1" Neo Tweeters Generation one. Not quite finished yet. Have to move the tweeters up one inch and the mids up as close to the tweeters as possible. They are set on axis at ear level. Then they will be covered in the same black matching carpet. Can also see the mid-bases in the installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I was wondering how your sig all broke down..how are you splitting frequencies for the 3 sizes of boston sub?
Right now, I'm using the sub output on the head unit to send the signals to all three set ups.

The JL Slash Amps have crossovers on them. To answer your question, i'm using the crossovers on the Slash amps.

Right now the 10's are running full range. ( later they will be on mid-bass duty from 80-200 or 400 ish or thereabouts.

12's are running 40-80 Htz .

15's are running 20-40 Htz

Have an Alpine F#1 status system that is on the bench right now and will be installed later.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Started with Alpine W910 and then tried Pioneer P99RS. Can see photos of both installed. Didn't care for the SQ of either one. Ended up with old school Alpine
9835 for now. Sorry for the sideways pics.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 625 Posts