DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well here's the outside of my car. i'm slowly and surely getting everything done to this car that i want. paint job was the first "big thing". stereo's been in there for years but never "finished" install wise. by the time i got done washing it the sun went down behind the trees so i couldn't get pics of her shine in the light. the paint job is called white diamond. for those that know buicks i'm sure you can imagine wat it looked like before the paint job with the peeling paint and all.

·
Premium Member
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Premium Member
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
as i "clean up" the install i'll post more of that.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Looks like a fine job on the paint. Now let's get cracking on that stereo install!

·
Registered
319 Posts
I inherited my dad's '98 when he passed and I loved that thing, regardless of the grandpa status that came with it. Lots of room, great ride, and it had all kinds of go-go juice. I never put a system in it but I'd imagine that flat, wide dash would make for a great starting point. And they had trunk space for days...

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
That is some nice equipment. All it needs is some tint and a nice set of shoes, but please tell me you don't park that car outside of an apartment complex without a damn good 2-way alarm.

·
Premium Member
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh heck ya really good 2 way alarm lol. neighborhood kids always wonder why i come out when the alarm goes off.

as for the "grandpa" status i like old school wide body cars when i'm done she won't be a "grandpa" car anymore.

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts
Will

the AARP has been trying to contact you about being a rolling demo vehicle for them.
make sure it plays loud, as many of their members have some diminished hearing....

·
Premium Member
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ahh man if that's the case i'ma need the rta back so i can tune the car nice and loud for them :p

·
Premium Member
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
stereo wise it's set just gotta pertify it up. plan on trying to piece together a new interior too if possible it's old so it's got some cracked panels old carpet and there's this one part next to teh glove box taht's basically missing the corner and some foam lol

the rims i want for it cost too much so i've got some other's lined up. it's amazing what they wanna charge you for some 72 fat spoke wire rims lol

·
Banned
2,535 Posts
Nice equipment choices...

Did you remove the AARP sticker off the window yet?

Just kidding ;)

·
Premium Member
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i even have the shirt for it

·
Premium Member
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i don't think so i'm going old school not trash school.

·
Premium Member
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

this is the amp layout with a cardboard template

1 - 20 of 26 Posts