DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4,230 Posts
Looks like a good start. These were always one of my LEAST favorite cars to work on. With the high rockers, and speakers that fire into your leg, and limited space in the radio area it was a particulary hard car to get to sound good without a fair amount of custom work, and of course most of the owners of these cars didn't want to pay for it.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Jay

· Registered
4,230 Posts
I probably just need to adjust my rip fence. I saw the new one today at HD and it did look much cheaper. My first 10" saw was a cheap Craftsman, which I probably built 50 boxes on over 4 years or so was a piece of crap in comparison...but it more than paid for itself. This one should hold up much better, but if I get my own garage someday, I plan to get a nice Delta of something.

Jay

· Registered
4,230 Posts
Hooking up the shop vac as a dust collector is the best improvement I've made to this saw, though. I was able to cut all afternoon in a confined space without a dust mask!
Did you need to do anything special, or did the shop vac hose just fit? The shopvac I have at work has a damaged hose, so it didn't fit.

Also, how many times did you have to empty the shopvac?

Jay

· Registered
4,230 Posts
I've been lucky enough to have avoided working on an C4's for the last few years, but I've been stuck with 2 in the last couple of months. They are not my favorites.

I love how this is coming along, however.

In the pics, the FatMat looks like it has a wavy texture. I'm surprised it doesn't show through the c/f vinyl you're using. Does that have something to do with putting it in the freezer, or do you leave the sticker/template on it for a smooth surface?

Jay

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.