DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I'd post some pics of what i've got going on in my truck. Most of these pics were taken about 2 years ago. A friend of mine built me the kick panels and the enclosure. My fiberglassing ability sucks compared to his.

In the doors i have a pair of Image Dynamics CX62. In the kicks, a 4" Canton Pullman component set. The sub is an Alpine Type-R 12. The amp is a Zapco 650.6. The head unit is an Eclipse CD5000.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I've started making some changes to it the last couple of weeks. I've been sealing and deadening my doors. HOLY CRAP I wish i'd done that a couple of years ago! I've listened to Turn The Page 1000 times and I've heard stuff in that song the last couple of days that I've never heard before. It's certainly not up to par with what I've heard in other's rides, but it has made my 35 minute trip to work seem like 10 minutes.

I've already got a Polk SR124-DVC sitting in the office waiting to replace the Alpine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dang, I linked them from the nissan forum. I guess it didn't work. Weird though cause it was showing on my computer when I previewed the post.

I'll have to fix them

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, put some of them on photobucket so they should be good now. The pods that are on the door in the pics are no longer there, I put power windows and locks in it and install some pathfinder door panels so the ID's would fit behind them.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
a 1200$ amp next to a 250$ sub looks so strange O_O

·
Registered
317 Posts
this is a great little build. yes the sub is an odd decision compared to the amp buy who knows maybe he scored it off ebay for like 400 bucks. seen it happen!

NEUMAN

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, i can't remember why I had the alpine laying around, but I got a great deal on the amp off eBay a couple years ago. I had an IDmax 12 to go with it but traded it to my friend for building the box for me. I can't wait to get that Polk SR in there.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Even though you had to trade your friend the sub, you still have a good setup. Just do something for him and get that IDMAX back and you'll be good to go or you could just take it, lol.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Yeah, i can't remember why I had the alpine laying around, but I got a great deal on the amp off eBay a couple years ago. I had an IDmax 12 to go with it but traded it to my friend for building the box for me. I can't wait to get that Polk SR in there.
the polk SR subs are amazing subs for their price range, always over looked because of their brands stance in the market but they are truley high end subs that can sound so clean and take allota power. very nice and clean looking subs, wish i never sold my 12" DVC 2 ohm SR :(

·
Registered
360 Posts
Love seeing the Cantons, represent! Out of curiosity, how do you like the CX62's? and what freq do you have the crossed over at?

·
Registered
54 Posts
very nice work for a beginner, i couldn't even touch fiberglass lol.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts