DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I’d post up some pics of a couple of the nicer custom builds I’ve done over the last couple years as I have always enjoyed the custom fabrication side of installing and even though I quit working as an installer in 2009, I still do jobs when I can as my only real requirement is I need the car for however long it takes as I sometimes work over 100 hours a week at my normal job, and I don’t do custom work if I’m squeezed for time. Anyway, my buddy picked this Lexus up and had me do the install.

Equipment list:
Kenwood Double Din (top 2015 model)
Hertz 6.5” components front
Hertz 6.5” coax rear
Rockford 1000db
Rockford 400.4
Memphis M6 12’s
Kinetic battery

Automotive lighting Cosmetics Box Eyewear Audio equipment

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Grille Hood Automotive tire

Automotive tail & brake light Car Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Light Amber Automotive parking light

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Trunk Car

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior Amber

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Automotive side marker light

I built it so the trunk was still useable with press fit panels which covered the amps rack plexi cover, the battery plexi cover and the storage compartment on the opposite side, then when removed and the lighting on it was more of a showy install. I actually tried 3 of the M6 subs first but because these cars have the gas tank behind the back seat the box was too big, as was the case with trying to fit a vented box for 2. I have since done another newer LS430 for the same friend with better equipment.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
There’s actually a whole sub-forum here for build logs.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks great . Ls 400 is one of my favorite cars.
Yea when he got it in about 2015 it only had about 100k and was about the cleanest one I’ve ever seen. The interior looked like nobody had ever been in it. I did the system in probably 2017, and it’s since been sold to his mom when I did 05 LS430. I took the box and amps out and built a new wall for the back of the trunk to cover the gas tank then put in a smaller 4 channel to run the Hertz speakers. I actually just drove it a couple days ago, now with 166,000 miles and in desperate need of a major paint buff. Black paint and people who don’t know anything about car care don’t mix too well haha.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts