DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so long story short, my ignition harness burnt out last year. so instead of trying to repair it, i decided to convert the car to push start using an oem lexus button. i also added the smart key system, so when i walk up to the car it unlocks, and vice versa. the install itself was very simple overall, kind of like installing a remote start. the only hard part was finding a new place to install the button... i was going to put it where the factory key hole, but it was welded onto the steering column. after a couple of minutes, i installed it where one of the cig lighters were under the climate controls. i've had it for almost 10 months now, and i have no problems with is fortunately. the only thing i would complain about is when walking around the car the smart key arms and disarms frequently, setting off the siren all the time. here are some pics it installed. unfortunately i apparently deleted the pics off my phone. -___-

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
that is darn cool!

so does it lose the signal so that is arms and disarms? not sure the exact behavior, but if you put a latch in the disarm pulse that turned on the interior dome light, it would hold the car disarmed until you opened a door. a simple reset timer for 1 or 2 minutes would allow it to rearm incase you walked away without opening a door.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. I for got to add on to that… actually I added the smart key system as well. So I have a chip the size of a credit card. And it has a built in proximity sensors, so when I walk close to the car, it disarms and vise-versa. It also works with the starter kill in the car and activates the push start.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
ok, but if you are having issues with it disarming and arming willy nilly, then a latch or timer or both, will help with system stability. I dont imagine the stock lexis arm and disarm like this, they must have some way to "debounce" the system.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Do you still need a key to turn the ignition circuit on? I would imagine the pushbutton only controls the starter motor or no? If the proximity chip turns on the ignition and accessory circuits than that is pretty cool but I'd be afraid of getting a dead battery from leaving the chip near the car.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What the proxy sensor does is deactivates the alarm and also the start/ign kill that I installed. The push start controls the accessory, ignition, and also the starter like a new car with it. Nothing is activated then the sensor deactivates the alarm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts