DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question to see what people recommend.

Sub:
Brahma 12” dvc @ 2 ohms each coil
Rated conservatively at 1000 w rms

Powered by:
Gladen spl1800c1 monoblock
Rated at 1000 w at 4 ohms
Or
at 1875 w at 1 ohm

I figure you’d want to have some headroom since it can definitely take it, and the gladen provides an extra 875 w headroom at 1 ohm. Is that too much?

Which ohm load is more stressful for the amp - maxed at 4 ohm or half full at 1 ohm?

Which ohm load would you go with?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I figure that’s the safest way, but I also am convincing myself I can show restraint at 1875 haha.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok you guys are right. The Brahma isn’t exactly very efficient, but the strain on the alternator is definitely going to not make it worth it - especially when I’ve got two component sets being powered by other amps.

I was just looking for an excuse to run one ohm for the first time, but now I see it’s pretty much a ridiculous proposition without upgrading all the electrical.

Thanks guys for the input.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’m beginning to wonder about my zapco amp really putting out 1100. Besides getting hot, it also drains my whole system within one song. I bet there’s something wrong with it and once I get my gladen installed I will have something to compare it to. I just remember when I had my pdx m12 the sub sounded perfect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts