DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was hoping some tested minds could evaluate my potential purchases for flaws and/or mis-guidance.

My intentions are for home audio and music playback. Everything I found was from my searches.

I would like to use these Level THREE Bookshelf Speakers from HTD

For the subwoofer, I am thinking something along the lines of the Level TWO Powered Subwoofer. However thats a bit more then I wanted to spend for the subwoofer.

In terms of receiver, I would like something with HDMI inputs/outputs with a $400 budget. Maybe this Onkyo TX-SR605?

So, what are your ideas and comments?

·
Registered
236 Posts
i got 4 htd level three towers for 200 dollars, they sound pretty good!

but i think i got the model before the new ones they have...
it doesnt have no ribbon tweets, still pretty cheap

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
I was hoping some tested minds could evaluate my potential purchases for flaws and/or mis-guidance.

My intentions are for home audio and music playback. Everything I found was from my searches.

I would like to use these Level THREE Bookshelf Speakers from HTD

For the subwoofer, I am thinking something along the lines of the Level TWO Powered Subwoofer. However thats a bit more then I wanted to spend for the subwoofer.

In terms of receiver, I would like something with HDMI inputs/outputs with a $400 budget. Maybe this Onkyo TX-SR605?

So, what are your ideas and comments?
looks like nice speakers and sub for cheap.

looks can be deceiving tho.

id find out (search the www for reviews) what 'cheaper' speakers and subs have been popular over the last 18 months and get those instead.

often the best sounding equipment looks plain, and the great looking stuff sounds horrible.

·
Registered
508 Posts
If your looking in the range of $300 for speakers and $300 for sub, here's what I'd be getting:

Speakers

Sub

eD is suprisingly (to some) highly regarded in HT, especially the subs. AV123 is great also.

I suggest these because I know nothing of the ones you mentioned and I know these are great for the money.

Oh and, did I mention my receiver was for sale? :D

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
^I know there is a lot of people who hate on them but the HT stuff is really decent equipment. That sub I was talking about before uses their components and it's done well for me.

·
Registered
397 Posts
how do you setup a 2.1 system with only a 2ch integrated amp and a cd player?

·
Registered
397 Posts
sorry let me rephrase my question.. how do you hookup 2 speakers + sub to a 2ch integrated amp?

·
Registered
397 Posts
i see. So you hook up the amp to the sub, then the sub to the stereo speakers. Must find similar subs.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Go for a pair of Paradigm Atoms or larger.

Excellent bang for the buck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts